Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-29-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK

On a side note, that winch doesn't sound healthy as it was pulling under load.
Whats your thoughts? Just a cheep winch (XRC8) or something wrong with it? That is the first pull that winch has ever made.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sethc84
I still have my stocker. Go ahead and cut away, come take mine when you want.
ok cool thanks.. maybe ill come pick it up next weekend from you if thats cool, i got a buzy week coming up
Old 11-29-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

so i washed my jeep finally and boy did i get lucky at rausch. my front diff took 2 nice hits right in the center of the cover i know where they were too in that purple after rock creek. i need to get a front diff cover asap
Old 11-29-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBirish
so i washed my jeep finally and boy did i get lucky at rausch. my front diff took 2 nice hits right in the center of the cover i know where they were too in that purple after rock creek. i need to get a front diff cover asap
ya i took a couple nice hits on mine also
Old 11-29-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
no offense, but do you even know where teraflex or the other companies make the snatch, block, tow hooks, etc??

how do you know its from the same company?

I have a set of mastercraft ratchet straps for towing my JK, they simply have a mastercraft logo on them. I guarantee they are made by the same company that makes every other trucker ratchet strap. Theres nothing special about them.
Because after dozens of pulls on PepBoys straps and seeing them fray under load and after using off the shelf "5-ton" d-rins and watching them split apart, I can simply say using my ARB and TF straps and d-rings, they still look new under the same circumstances.

BTW, I didn't mention ratchet straps. Those look generic enough to not give a shit about name brand.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Junkie

Brendan, didn't know you didn't have a front diff cover. Saw your Superlift from the rear, thought you had one up front too. Had I known, I would've warned otherwise. My bad.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea its cool can't do anything about it. I need a front and rear full cover anyway lol. Joe actually won the rear cover for me in a raffle at the topless for tata's run. Its not a full cover just like a cage but it has taken some hits and done its job and for free after christmas and tax money I should be all armored up with diff covers and rock rails.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dimitri, why do you think my winch sounded 'off'?
(Not sure if you caught my earlier post)
Old 11-29-2009, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I also decided on wheels.
I'm going with the Black Rock Series 950 Lobo Steel Rims in matte black.
My two size options are:
1) 16x7 w/4.0 backspacing
2) 16x8 w 5.0 backspacing

I don't know a lot about this but I want as wide a tire as possible but I don't like it when you have a large hub cover. What do you guys recommend given my preferences? I'd like to order these on Monday. Thanks.

Dimitri, why do you think my winch sounded 'off'?
(Not sure if you caught my earlier post)
Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 AM
JK Junkie

What do you mean when you say "hub cover"? I'd stick to the 4" BS, it'll bring your tire outboard and you won't have clearance issues running a 12.5" wide tire. If possible, get a 3.75" BS, even better, like mine.

Any preference as to why you're getting 16" rims? Why not go to a 15"? Joe, Brendan, and myself are running 15s. CHEAPER TIRES!! Priced out my MT/R Kevlar for a 15" and 16" rim, the 16s came out to be $325 more than the 15s. Bought my Cragars for $200, still $125 above.

As for the winch, doubt anything's wrong. It's a new winch and it had no problem pulling. Just don't like how the motor sounds under load. Instead of having a 'normal' motor noise under load, it was screaching/ratcheting. Maybe see if any other owners of the XRC10 have any sound clips or video clips, compare the 2.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY