Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I met a dude last night with a brand new (120 miles) Blue Steel 08 Unlimi Rubi.. name was Wes. Good people - got his info, need to steer him to the jk forums!

I've seen a rescue green unlimi w/ roof rack parked in a lot on merrick road in amityville area all the time.

and it's nice - now that it's getting nicer and i have the doors off, i get a lot more waves returned!
Old 05-23-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

haha im so glad its going to be nice this memorial day weekend. i have a nice 4 day vacation from work... plenty of time to cruise topless and doorless... anyone planning on going to the airshow this weekend?
Old 05-23-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im heading to the airshow tomorrow with a buddy, I usually park in the Field to the east rather than the busy one and walk over to the main area, thinking about taking the doors off, but I have work on Sunday.. ugh
Old 05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got in my first real trail time today up in Tolland, MA.

Nothing phenomenally difficult at all, but a bit of mud and a few small crawls... I need to get back up to check out the turn offs we didn't have time for.

Pics once I get them off the camera. Top down + mud hole = mud drizzle for the win. Front half of the jeep is alll mudded up and looks delicious.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by aphazia
Got in my first real trail time today up in Tolland, MA.

Nothing phenomenally difficult at all, but a bit of mud and a few small crawls... I need to get back up to check out the turn offs we didn't have time for.

Pics once I get them off the camera. Top down + mud hole = mud drizzle for the win. Front half of the jeep is alll mudded up and looks delicious.
The Rausch Creek run I did 2 weeks ago...yeah...no rear fender flares + windows off + rain for 2 days straight = mud ALL over the interior. 3 hours to wash it off...most of it anyways.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

New Tires and Wheels are on, my jack wasnt even high enough to get the tires on so I had to jack from the axle while the frame was on jack stands for the front, the rear I just jacked from the pumpkin.

Rides real nice, what a pain to get all the tape and stickers off, came with locknuts as well. A little taller as well but not too much, It still accelerates fine still, the tires and wheels are 96lbs each, what a pain to get the spare on, I cant imagine 35"s or larger.
I'm happy!

BFG All Terrain 295x75x16 on Unique (Crager) Soft 8's 16x8 5" BS.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! No Spacers, they come pretty close to the edge of the flares. 5" Backspacing moves them out slightly. I love the look, although I need to take them off tomorrow to cut out the factory washers on the wheel studs, I forgot all about them. Also need to stop by the dealer to have the new TPMS programmed.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great!!!

Why do you need to have the TPMS programmed?
I swapped out my stock sahara wheels for rubi wheels back in the day and didnt have to do that
Old 05-31-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OlegFl
The 08 has tpms, the 07 (or at least my 07) does not have tpms.
Exactly, and these are aftermarket TPMS from discounttiredirect.com, but so far nothing has triggered on the dash and I havent gotten them programmed yet, Ive been over 65 too which is usually the speed where it resets.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

then there is no need to get anything programmed, I have TPMS also...

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY