Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope everyone had a good fun day.. Mine went well. Til my ride home anyways. The front end is making a pretty nasty sound when I brake with moderate to heavy force. Going to try and figure that out right now. I have no idea what it might b. Sounds like the tires are rubbing something somewhere... Don't see how that's possible tho
Old 11-26-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
Hope everyone had a good fun day.. Mine went well. Til my ride home anyways. The front end is making a pretty nasty sound when I brake with moderate to heavy force. Going to try and figure that out right now. I have no idea what it might b. Sounds like the tires are rubbing something somewhere... Don't see how that's possible tho
check the bolts that hold the brake caliper bracket on...

I had one come loose, I found out the hard way
Old 11-26-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I'm ready to go even though I feel like I ate my entire body weight in food. Going to bed now so I get some solid hours of sleep in, gonna be a loooong day 2moro can't wait

Last edited by BBirish; 11-26-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Former Member

Joe, I'm still here. I'd like to go wheeling but I'll be Black Friday shopping with eye candy and brother, and then I've got work friday night. I texted you about a week or so ago about the OME coils but I didn't hear back from you. My interest is still there! Lemme know when you have time.

Have a good time out there tomorrow guys, looking forward to the locals' pics of carnage and wheelin'. I'll be there in January.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Nice to meet you Seth, Drew, and Jesse. Hope you guys had a good time at Rausch.

I hope you didn't get discouraged on the type of trails we do. We do 95% of rock crawling in the club I'm in, hence, why I wanted to do blues/purples/blacks all day and always took the hard line or rock garden section. I'm glad we did some greens and small blues as well, get you guys in the drift of things.

Hope to wheel with you guys soon.

Dimitri
Old 11-27-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So? well? do tell!!! (with pics)
Old 11-27-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

I lost a driveshaft boot. Cut it off on the trail. Lost my tire carrier handle. Used a ratchet strap to keep it shut.

Brendan broke both his factory side steps to all shit.

Seth punctured a tire and rode on the rim, so, the rim is bent and tore to shit. Replaced on the trail.

Other than that, the usual crinks, cracks, dents, scratches, bangs, etc.

I don't think there's many pics, if there is, post them up guys. We kept us 6 in the group without adding from the other JK-Forum members. Too many in one group SUCKS. It looked that way when we passed 10-12 JKs in a row on the same trail. CLUSTERFUCK. Did greens, blues, purples, and blacks. Joe, Brendan, and I led all day. I pushed for blacks and blues ;o) Did a few rock gardens. A lot of MUD! At every obstacle, mud. We're all covered, and a lot. Cold as hell.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stupid driveshaft boots! I'm currently running without them (front and rear!). Seems silly to have to get aftermarket shafts just for the boots. dumb design.

Sux about the damage, but sounds like you all had a good time.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I had an awesome time, the purple (blue-black) after crossing rock creek was awesome I've never done that trail it was great. Hope we have some new people to wheel with and didn't scare you guys away. I did break both of my side steps, but it doesn't matter because I got them for free and I only keep them on to prevent door dings lol so they are staying on even though they are broken, until I get rails. I hope we can set up some more long island trips like this. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY joe!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

i had a great time guys, it was so much fun, and thanks for waiting up for me half the time lol, it was nice meeting you all also, i will deff be doing this again

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY