Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-24-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Caught an old episode of Saved By The Bell this morning on TBS. Is it just me or do you think Joey looks a tad like Zach Morris? (couldn't find better pictures. lol)
Attachment 33299 Attachment 33300
I JUST CAUGHT THIS YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!! (side note I dont mean that....) but damn it seth!!! hahahahahh give me like a week I will post some old school pics of me... 5th- 7th grade I reall rocked like the slicked back parted hair do.... hahahaha I even had the old ass cell that was like a backpack phone back in the day.... hahahhahaha first kid I ever knew with a cell and it was a hand me down briefcase phone from my dad hahahaha
Old 11-25-2009, 02:39 AM
JK Junkie

Careful on industrial fastener supply, sometimes you need to buy in bulk. I like Lowes for the sole fact that their grade-8s go up in increments of 16ths, as opposed to 8ths like Home Depot.

Anything subject to major shock loads, suspension setups, frame setups, cages, etc. I ALWAYS, ONLY and WILL ONLY use grade-8s. The torque value they hold and the torque value needed to shear, is a LOT higher than grade-5 cheapo stuff. I've torqued down grade-5s, and sheared them with a ratchet. I have yet to shear a grade-8.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Haaha you're welcome joe thanks for the quick discos!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racer83l
Brendan, thanks for your nuts, you made my night.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
I JUST CAUGHT THIS YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!! (side note I dont mean that....) but damn it seth!!! hahahahahh give me like a week I will post some old school pics of me... 5th- 7th grade I reall rocked like the slicked back parted hair do.... hahahaha I even had the old ass cell that was like a backpack phone back in the day.... hahahhahaha first kid I ever knew with a cell and it was a hand me down briefcase phone from my dad hahahaha
I remember bag phones. That shit is funny. My father had one, he would get a page and refuse to use it to call the person back. He'd wait till he stopped and use a pay phone. I think there were no "plans" at the time so it was charged at like $2/minute.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey you guys!!...well...some bad news here....i wont be able to make the black friday trip!!!...yesss i know...plans changed!!!...but good news is....MY BROTHER FLEW IN FROM CALI LAST NIGHT...as a complete surprise!!!...im totally excited he came and now hes staying for a week!!!...i was sooo happy to see him!!!....since i dont get to see him often...i would bring him with me but i know there is no way my mom will let her son out of her sight for the week...lol...so i hope u guys have a great time..take pics...videos...

and i was thinking...my brother will be here sooooo maybe he can help me paint my rims black on friday...(get it??...BLACK FRIDAY??....LOL..ok that was lame) im determined..so hopefully that will get done!...

i appreciate u offering me the seat SETH...hopefully i can meet u guys soon tho!...and plan our next trip!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
I remember bag phones. That shit is funny. My father had one, he would get a page and refuse to use it to call the person back. He'd wait till he stopped and use a pay phone. I think there were no "plans" at the time so it was charged at like $2/minute.
hahah for real... it was like... yea use em all you like... unlimited minuets at 2$ a min.... hahahha

I still remember the whole car phone on a cord thing too.... like you pick up the "car phone" and there is a coiled wire that connects it to the car like some kind of leash.... and the speaker phone sounded like a two-way radio
Old 11-25-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
hahah for real... it was like... yea use em all you like... unlimited minuets at 2$ a min.... hahahha

I still remember the whole car phone on a cord thing too.... like you pick up the "car phone" and there is a coiled wire that connects it to the car like some kind of leash.... and the speaker phone sounded like a two-way radio
Ah, you youngings. I have been in sales for 20+ years. We had beepers for everyone and 3 Motorola Bag Phones to share between 7 people. Get a beep, call the person back if you know the number. Sign out the phones on a friday and you got it for the weekend!

I had my bag phone with my on my bike when I got into a major crash. I had to get it out of my luggage to call 911.

Then when I was in NYC, we didn't have cell phones because THERE WAS NO RECEPTION IN THE CITY!!! Payphones only!!!

Before that? Well, people waited until you got there to talk to you. And they got busy signals when I was on my phone too!
ready for this one: our "facimile" machine had suction cups to put the phone handset into to send a "fax." (think War Games, the movie, or do you all not remember that either).
Old 11-25-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

old cell phones are really the talk of this forum 2 days before an off road trip?????

Can, sorry to hear you cant make it.

Adam are you making it? Bringing the Le Mans? Its been a while since I watched anyone get arrested.

Alex, where did you go? you should go to Rausch, exercise that winch.

Chris S forget the wood floors, your house is going to stink all weekend long bring your son

Brendan, how was your ride home? boring and stable I bet.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Went to Ace on Union this morning. Had all the Grade 8 hardware I needed.
(8) 1/2" x 4" bolts, (16) washers, (8) lock washers, & (8) nuts. $31.50. And thats with a wholesale house account.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY