Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
thought Id share my shortlist of things to do before the trip...

install soft top
install auto tranny skid (been removed since lift install)
install OEM rear sway links up front (running 4-6" Tera sway links currently, they arent too long, just mounted to the stock locations and have clearance issues at full flex)
check SWR reading of CB antenna setup
check fluids, and put tools in JK
pack spare clothes, food, water... good to go
looks like u have a couple things to do before friday...not too bad tho...

so it looks like im going with Seth...so im super excited!...gonna be nice to finally meet u guys and finally go "REAL" off roading!!...wooohhooo
Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I think I'll get it all done after work today...

Can, you are going to have a blast Well, I have never been a passenger, but I would assume it's a blast... Bring your camera!!!!!!

One more day of work to go
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Yea I think I'll get it all done after work today...

Can, you are going to have a blast Well, I have never been a passenger, but I would assume it's a blast... Bring your camera!!!!!!

One more day of work to go
yeah i figured ill start as a passenger...learn a couple things...and then next time bring YM...

is it juss me or...WORK TODAY IS GOING SUPER SLOW...i mean i have work to do...but im lazy...and i cant wait for tomorrow to come!!!...4 day weekend is gonna be awesome...ive been working 6 days a week for awhile now..so yeah...im DEF due for some time off!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Seth, have you ever "wheeled"??? there is a chance this will be a learning experience for the both of you..

Just dont follow me, brendan, or Dimitri and you should be ok......
Im kidding... well no im not.. I always get myself into some places I shouldnt be and have a good time doing it

also, I will say it again while we are there... if there is anything you all dont feel comfortable doing, there are bypasses to all of the big obstacles.. you are more than welcome to hop in with me if I do them and you wanna see how they are
Old 11-24-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

x2 to what Joe said. If you want possible body damage, getting hung up, possible flops...follow me. If not, dont. Bypasses are there, if you're balsy enough, I'll be more than happy to spot.

Just fixed the 2 wires a cut when I installed my cage. None were the JK wires, they werethe power wire that fed the Painless Wiring fuse block I have, and the other was the ignition hot wire for the block as well. All done, all lighting back on (so if we do end up wheelin' into some of the night, day falls by 4:30 nowadays).

Dropped to 27PSI for the road, 30PSI didn't have the full surface as a contact patch, now it's perfect. Tires are good to go.

Whoever's passenger, definitely need to be the photographer for the day. If you don't mind holding onto my camera, just shoot and video away.

Just tightened up the cage as well. Passenger side left a little gap at the weatherstripping above the door. The other way when it rained like hell, LOTS of water got in. BUT, there was LOTS of wind pushing sideways, hence why it got in. Adjusted the sidebar, adjusted the plastic trim that holds the softtop channel, good to go, tight seal again.

Other than that...all ready.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Actually need to check SWR as well. Since I set it over a year and a half ago, never checked again. Sounds the same and CB still works.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

one of my classes was canceled today so i had some time to kill thanks chevym14 same on the other side

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of ww2 decals 001.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	33302

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of ww2 decals 002.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	33303
Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Brendan that is excellent!!!!

Rambo does some good work
Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Junkie

What happens if you ever stretch the wheelbase?? Ah ha! Looks good.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

yes he sure does, he also gave me a task force 141 (modern warfare 2) decal that he made haah its pretty sweet not putting it on the outside though.

You need to text me your address joe so i can put it in my gps for after work

and i still need to take my steps off but thats really it after i get those links on

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY