Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-10-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its done, as of 9:30

Front end wasnt bad except for the trackbar again, I had to use a ratchet strap to move my axle over enough to reconnect it. My head is busted, my hands and back are shot, I think I took 2 years off my life!

I forgot to put the grease fittings in and did it at the end, woulda been easier to do it before hand.

I'll most likely take this to a mechanic to get it aligned and have a few small things checked, feels like a theres a clunk in the rear but the sway bar is clear, its only when going over bumps. Its nice being up an extra 2 inches, drove it around and its pretty solid other than the little clunk in the rear.

Thanks SuffolkJK, Aphazia (+ friend) and yendor65 for stopping by and lending a hand when needed, I would have never got that rear track bar on. Cant wait to meet you all again and maybe do some wheeling!

Sorry to hear about your job Oleg, I'll meet you eventually.

Pics soon.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Was good puttin some faces to names, Vinny... you guys missed out on some serious BBQ over here at the house btw. We did chicken, steak, burgers, dogs, sausages, red hots, shish kebabs, etc. I"m bloated and passing out on the couch as I type this over here. We'll have to have an LI JK BBQ this summer, get alla you guys out for food and brews!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wish I coulda made it but the lift just took a little too long! Count me in on the BBQ!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got a chance to post the pics. Installed my rear bumpstop extenstion backwards and it was hitting the trackbar causing a rough ride in the back, flipped it around and all is good.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Got to get that 3/4" spacer up front now, level out the rake.

Thanks for the BBQ invite. But damn, met a girl and had a date that night. Ended up being sooner than expected. Definitely got to get another BBQ going and do a huge invite.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

The rake looks worse in the pic because of the driveway, at work it didnt appear as bad in the parking lot. But I will look into the spacer to level it out, I'm used to a rake since I used to have a pickup truck that was raked but I wont be towing with the jeep now so I may go for the level look.

I might want to do an adjustable track arm then for the front with the additional spacer.

Do you have one Dimitri?

which Teraflex disconnected did you get? the one for 0-2 inch lifts or 2-4 inch?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Just so you know, next time, you don't need to remove the front trackbar when installing the lift. The axle drops enough to put the spacers on.

Yeah, I do have an adjustable front trackbar from TeraFlex. BEEFY heim joint, zerk fittings, good unit. Definitely need to it to center the axle up front. I was 1/2" off with the 3.25" lift. Now, centered.

Swaybar discos, I really don't remember. But I'd say go with the 2-4" ones.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome thanks for the quick reply, I'll look into it when I get some more cash, need to get some new tires first.

Oh yea only, 570 miles on the odometer.

I tried leaving the front track bar in and could not get the springs in for the life of me even when trying to spin them on. Once I removed the track bar i still had trouble, it allowed the front to be dropped all the way and I still had to use a pry bar to compress the spring onto the bottom axle mount. I was reading on here and I think because of the "HD suspension" with the 17 inch wheels, the springs are apparently 2.5" longer than regular suspension, this is maybe why it was so hard, at least its all done though!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vinny, only 570 miles???

Have you even taken it offroad yet???

Either way, good job on the lift, looks good (I personally would leave the rake).
Old 05-12-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only off road so far is crossing the dirt median between the Target parking lot and Dollar Tree Lot in West Islip off sunrise.

I do plan to take it wheeling when I have some free time, School is almost over for the semester but then I need to find an apartment before the summer.

I just want to make sure its ready for the trails.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY