Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
shop around for hte battery. I seem to recall finding a great price at Pep Boys years ago for my Red Top. Costco may have a extra warranty or something.

Do let me know about huntington. I use them too. They've been good so far, EXCEPT that the only things I asked to be covered under warranty they denied ALL:
- front and rear driveshaft boots (due to "damage" not defect they said)
- a cracked piece of the soft top track (said it's 12k miles on soft top parts despite my lifetime extended B2B warranty!!!)
- hood wranglers

Mike, the srvc mgr, has been good and accomodating, like the time my ABS wires developed a short from rubbing on my tires and he checked the jeep for me before I left town to go on a long trip (I wanted to make sure the light show on my dash wasn't going to be a problem for my 500 mile trip). And I asked him point blank, is he going to give me a hard time on my warranty, especially given that I have a $2k additional warranty! He said no. It's just that he can't warranty stuff that's clearly damaged from off roading because Chrysler looks hard at this stuff. (This was also about 2 weeks before they closed all those Jeep dealerships!)

So do keep us posted! I like to reward good service and track less than good. I mean, you absolutely CANNOT beat their oil change policy!!! Every other one is free, and they send coupons for the ones you do pay for (around $20!)
As for the optimas..
I bought a yellow top from costco for my Xterra a couple of months ago and it was DIRT CHEAP and had a $25 M.I.R. too.
I couldn't even come within $50 of the price from costco anywhere else.

I didn't know Huntington Jeep's oil change costs.
If it's that cheap, I think we'll be going there more often.
It's all going to depend on if they take care of us today.

We've been going to Sears down the block from us for oil changes. They've been really good to us since we bought new 33's for the Jeep.

Thanks.
I'll post up how we do later today.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07RedX
As for the optimas..
I bought a yellow top from costco for my Xterra a couple of months ago and it was DIRT CHEAP and had a $25 M.I.R. too.
I couldn't even come within $50 of the price from costco anywhere else.

I didn't know Huntington Jeep's oil change costs.
If it's that cheap, I think we'll be going there more often.
It's all going to depend on if they take care of us today.

We've been going to Sears down the block from us for oil changes. They've been really good to us since we bought new 33's for the Jeep.

Thanks.
I'll post up how we do later today.
I got my first oil change free at my dealership (town and country levittown) but if i didnt have the free coupon it would have been $50 something. Thats crazy I have only been to the dealership one time after that to fix a tsb which took all day by the way. Other than that NEVER going back if I dont have to, the dealership knows nothing and charge you an arm and a leg for terrible service
Old 11-20-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my first Jeep at T&C. I got service there only when I HAD to. And yes, they know less than my 6 year son does. The front diff went on my KJ, starting making bearing type noises. The mechanic said that diff was so far out of spec it was clearly put together wrong. Full warranty of course, but it took them A MONTH because they only have ONE mechanic who can do the job! And, get this, they don't have all the shims in stock! So he had to measure the tolernaces, THEN ORDER SHIMS! I got a loaner KJ (hehehe).

The oil change deal from Huntington may only be for those who bougth their jeeps there. Not sure.

I figure, for the price, like I said, you can't beat it. I'm basically paying $10 per oil change. And this way, I'm there enough that they know me so I'm hoping that if I ever do need anythign from them, I'm a "good" customer. As opposed to BBirish; he's a "bad" customer
Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

I got my first Jeep at T&C. I got service there only when I HAD to. And yes, they know less than my 6 year son does. The front diff went on my KJ, starting making bearing type noises. The mechanic said that diff was so far out of spec it was clearly put together wrong. Full warranty of course, but it took them A MONTH because they only have ONE mechanic who can do the job! And, get this, they don't have all the shims in stock! So he had to measure the tolernaces, THEN ORDER SHIMS! I got a loaner KJ (hehehe).

The oil change deal from Huntington may only be for those who bougth their jeeps there. Not sure.

I figure, for the price, like I said, you can't beat it. I'm basically paying $10 per oil change. And this way, I'm there enough that they know me so I'm hoping that if I ever do need anythign from them, I'm a "good" customer. As opposed to BBirish; he's a "bad" customer
when i brought it back for that tsb you should have seen their faces when i brought it in with no top or doors and they saw the stinger dealerships are useless i cant say it enough
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
when i brought it back for that tsb you should have seen their faces when i brought it in with no top or doors and they saw the stinger dealerships are useless i cant say it enough
oh yea? Welll you should have seen their faces when I came in with my Liberty looking like this!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

aww thats cute
Old 11-20-2009, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

aww thats cute
Oh, now, c'mon! My "cute" KJ pulled a few Rubicons and a trail guide out a few times. Hell, I made it through a few places other SFA jeeps didn't!

Cute THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBsuaTHgyoo
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCCFO458vWw

(and these were BEFORE I locked it!)
Old 11-20-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh, now, c'mon! My "cute" KJ pulled a few Rubicons and a trail guide out a few times. Hell, I made it through a few places other SFA jeeps didn't!

Cute THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBsuaTHgyoo
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCCFO458vWw

(and these were BEFORE I locked it!)
DAMN that VW bug sure is capable when you put a lift and AT's on it!!!
I never though I would see a VW Bug run trails

HAHAHAHA justtttt messsin with yaaaa

That mud looked serious... not sure the other video was reallly blurry but it looked like a tough set of rocks
Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joey2times
...That mud looked serious... not sure the other video was reallly blurry but it looked like a tough set of rocks
that mud was Pine Barrens - sandy water lined with CRANBERRIES on the bottom! Note to Jeepers: Cranberries don't make for good traction!

The rocky climb is in the Florida, MA area. It's SERIOUS stuff! When I went back with the rear locked, I walked up it!

The only down side to the KJ was how low that front end is. In the 6 years I had it, I broke or damaged 3 tranny skids, 2 sets of rock rails, a set of rims and picked up my share of bruises and scrapes along the way. The ONLY time that KJ let me down was right after Pine Barrens when I got sand in my idler pulley and tossed the drive belt on the way home. And even that, I fixed on the side of the road with a new part in 10 minutes!

Here's the old/new pully. Sand and water do not mix well with PARTS!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

aww thats cute

LOL!

Can't believe you wheeled an IFS truck. Then again, smaller tires. One of our members wanted to wheel his Commander for a change. 33s with a HEMI and IFS = broken front axle.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY