Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt666
I know some have had troubles with the starter solenoid. A few wacks from a hammer on it does the trick. But i have never heard of the engine light going on from that.
We have an appointment tomorrow with Jeep for the A-pillar leaks anyway, so what better time? lol

I'm going to pull the code tonight (but not clear it if it's something important).
So I'll post it up later tonight on what it is.

What size optima fits in JK's?

I have a big ass yellow top in my Xterra trail rig that I could use temporarily in her JK if need be.

Thanks!

BTW.. The AEV procal is SICK!
I recalibrated the gas pedal, fixed the speedometer, turned on daytime running lights, turned on the lane change turn signals, and made sure it was programmed for the 4.10 gearing.
Night and day difference.
The wife LOVES IT!!
It drives like a new truck now.....well, when it feels like starting.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Sweet. +2 for Black Friday, anyone else?
im trying to get the day off ill keep you informed. i've been wanting to go for a while now and never had anyone to go with.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey guys,
I'm fairly new....not too many posts, but always on here doing research. I'm getting a TF leveling kit and spidertrax spacers for x-mas and was wondering if anyone has stock 4 door rubicon suspension (shocks and maybe springs) laying around that they would like to sell? Let me know. Hope to meet you all sometime in the future when my JK is worthy lol.
-Sean
Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

I went to Autozone to have them pull the codes and here is what they found.
Low system Voltage

This truck has the original battery.
After reading a bunch of posts about how crappy the stock battery is, I'm thinking it's about at the end of it's life.
We'll know for sure tomorrow after Jeep takes a look at it.

Hopefully they'll replace the battery under warranty,
and maybe even fix the A-pillar leaks.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RST JK
hey guys,
I'm fairly new....not too many posts, but always on here doing research. I'm getting a TF leveling kit and spidertrax spacers for x-mas and was wondering if anyone has stock 4 door rubicon suspension (shocks and maybe springs) laying around that they would like to sell? Let me know. Hope to meet you all sometime in the future when my JK is worthy lol.
-Sean
Welcome. Where on Long Island are you?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 07RedX
I went to Autozone to have them pull the codes and here is what they found.
Low system Voltage

This truck has the original battery.
After reading a bunch of posts about how crappy the stock battery is, I'm thinking it's about at the end of it's life.
We'll know for sure tomorrow after Jeep takes a look at it.

Hopefully they'll replace the battery under warranty,
and maybe even fix the A-pillar leaks.
battery warranties are generally only 12 months then prorated thereafter. I hope I'm wrong, and DO report back. (which dealer?)

on my 2003 KJ my battery & starter went during the 6 years & 90k miles I owned it.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
battery warranties are generally only 12 months then prorated thereafter. I hope I'm wrong, and DO report back. (which dealer?)

on my 2003 KJ my battery & starter went during the 6 years & 90k miles I owned it.
We dropped it off at Huntington Jeep along with the shopping list of issues. lol
A-pillar leaks (both sides)
Engine light on due to low system voltage (i.e. battery)
Fuel tank shoots gas back at you after it clicks off

Didn't bother to mention the clunking when in reverse while turning.
I figured they had enough to do today. lol

If the battery isn't covered, I'll hit costco or BJ's and pick up an optima since it'll probably be the same price if not cheaper than a Jeep battery.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I live over in Merrick....Nassau County.

As far as the battery.....You can also check out Sears..They have a new Platinum Battery. It's a gel cell thats is supposed to rival the Optima's. It's a little pricey but I think it has a 4 yr full replacement warrenty and usually more CCAs.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

hey RST JK im over in wantagh, glad to see another nassau county person everyone seems to be in suffolk. And a stock JK that gets wheeled is worthy
Old 11-20-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

shop around for hte battery. I seem to recall finding a great price at Pep Boys years ago for my Red Top. Costco may have a extra warranty or something.

Do let me know about huntington. I use them too. They've been good so far, EXCEPT that the only things I asked to be covered under warranty they denied ALL:
- front and rear driveshaft boots (due to "damage" not defect they said)
- a cracked piece of the soft top track (said it's 12k miles on soft top parts despite my lifetime extended B2B warranty!!!)
- hood wranglers

Mike, the srvc mgr, has been good and accomodating, like the time my ABS wires developed a short from rubbing on my tires and he checked the jeep for me before I left town to go on a long trip (I wanted to make sure the light show on my dash wasn't going to be a problem for my 500 mile trip). And I asked him point blank, is he going to give me a hard time on my warranty, especially given that I have a $2k additional warranty! He said no. It's just that he can't warranty stuff that's clearly damaged from off roading because Chrysler looks hard at this stuff. (This was also about 2 weeks before they closed all those Jeep dealerships!)

So do keep us posted! I like to reward good service and track less than good. I mean, you absolutely CANNOT beat their oil change policy!!! Every other one is free, and they send coupons for the ones you do pay for (around $20!)

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY