Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-14-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
anybody sitting on their stock 17" wheels still? Trying to get rid of them? Let me know. Im looking.

Thanks
Hey Joe why u looking for 17" stock wheels?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanna put 35" street tires on them for daily driving. I feel like I'm wasting mine on the road.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

should have kept the at's and just got some more steelies keep an eye on the for sale they go quickly
Old 11-14-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Damn Joe, it seems as if you're turning your rig back to stock and giving away/selling parts that you'll probably need. Are you going to continue to wheel?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

If you guys are going to Rausch on the Black Friday Run, mind if I came along?
Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 AM
JK Junkie

Don't know if you guys heard (hard to remember what gets dicussed in here) about the new off road park built in upstate NY.

http://www.mettoweemudboggers.com/mettowee/Welcome.html

About 275 miles (from me). There's pics on their site and it seems like they have lots of rock crawling trails and some mud trails (for you mud lovers out there). They have 6 rock crawling sections with at least 10 parts of crawling per section (titled sections).

If anyone knows about someone who went, hear any good feedback? I wouldn't mind setting something up to have a NorthEast meet up there, see how it is.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Finally got the OR-FAB cage pictures uploaded. Damn weather these past few days.

Fitment is damn near perfect. I forgot to fully trim the passenger side plastic on the upper dash so it sticks out a little past the dash, but I don't care since it doesn't interfere with anything. Boxes came fully sprayed in foam, but you do have to rip everything apart to get to all the parts. Powdecoating was very very nice, although did knick and scrape a few times here and there getting the cage in. SOLID! All brackets, bolts, and welding are SOLID. This cage isn't going anywhere. Still need to find a way to get the GPS bracket on there and Aux. CB speaker bracket on there. Floor mounts are THICK.

BTW, you DON'T need to assemble everything as one unit and drop it in. We tried that, SUCH A PITA to get in. Slid BOTH sides down the dash, THEN connected cross tubes. There's enough give of the dash to slide them in. Took about 7 hours between my friend and I to get in. All in all, a GREAT cage.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

that cage is awesome. i was going to preorder it when they had that deal but i was afraid about the fitment to the windshield and at the doors, thought it would leak. maybe i need to add this to the list again. ill keep you updated about the black friday run
Old 11-15-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Fitment is good. At the doors, they fit just like factory, no issues closing or opening the doors. As for the soft top, it is a bit snug on the driver side. Probably need to adjust the corner windshield bracket, but it's a PITA to do (too many bolts and I'm a little lazy right now). But it doesn't leak (had lots of wind and rain since the install and not one drop). The dirver corner on the soft top has a TINY TINY gap, didn't fit as snug to the seal as before, but ONLY on that one corner (why I think a little adjusting is needed). But then again, it's a little cold so the top might be tight. When it warms up, I bet it'll close nicely.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Damn, Fab fours? Someone's a high-roller! Shrockworks takes a LONG time. It took 4 months to get my rock sliders in last year. Hated waiting, loved the product though.
Fab Fours is a really nice product and shipped real fast, If anyone is looking for fab fours stuff I have a nice connection.
Where Shrockworks went wrong with me was estimating a long time and then taking longer, you can pretty much double the estimate they give you.
But with your advice I didn't cancel my order for sliders. Hope it doesn't take longer than 4 months or I may end up canceling that order.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY