Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you get coil retainers for the rear?
Old 11-12-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Junkie

Why is it that everytime I get a nice part to install the weather is shitty? Man oh man. At least I get to look forward to using Evan's shop tomorrow for everything I need to do.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea x2 on the coil spring retainers. Im free tomorrow if u want to swap the hardware for the links or if u wanna just wait thats fine up to you
Old 11-12-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

So after getting frustrated when I was told that it would be "another 2 weeks" till my bumper shipped, I cancelled the Shrockworks mid-width. I know everyone said it would take a long time but I ordered it way too long ago for them to be telling me another 2 weeks every time I call. (I still have rock sliders on order hope they don't take as long)
Here's the good news: Ordered a the bumper I really wanted but wasn't willing to pay for. I finally realized I wasn't going to be happy unless I had it. Shipped out Tuesday and came today. I may install it later or it may have to wait till tomorrow.
BTW its the Fab Fours Lifestyle winch bumper. I'll post pics as soon as I install it.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Damn, Fab fours? Someone's a high-roller! Shrockworks takes a LONG time. It took 4 months to get my rock sliders in last year. Hated waiting, loved the product though.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

joe man...ur JK looks bad!!..i love it!!

anyways...im looking for Rock Band for XBOX 360..i was wondering if any of u guys have one that they dont use....so let me know...thanks!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
So after getting frustrated when I was told that it would be "another 2 weeks" till my bumper shipped, I cancelled the Shrockworks mid-width. I know everyone said it would take a long time but I ordered it way too long ago for them to be telling me another 2 weeks every time I call. (I still have rock sliders on order hope they don't take as long)
Here's the good news: Ordered a the bumper I really wanted but wasn't willing to pay for. I finally realized I wasn't going to be happy unless I had it. Shipped out Tuesday and came today. I may install it later or it may have to wait till tomorrow.
BTW its the Fab Fours Lifestyle winch bumper. I'll post pics as soon as I install it.
DAMN SON...
Balllllinnn hahahaha
nice man niceeee...

PICTURESSSS
Old 11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default rubi nubi

Just wanna say whats up !! I've been on this site for like the last 2 weeks soooo much Info. I have been mostly been reading about lifts. Finally found the L.I. thread. One ? Does a 2.5 TF coil lift on a rubicon unlimited 2009 Auto have any problems opposed to a stick? ( drive shaft)
Old 11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smr426
Just wanna say whats up !! I've been on this site for like the last 2 weeks soooo much Info. I have been mostly been reading about lifts. Finally found the L.I. thread. One ? Does a 2.5 TF coil lift on a rubicon unlimited 2009 Auto have any problems opposed to a stick? ( drive shaft)

I had the 2.5'' TF kit installed for a while with zero issues... I went wheeling with it a few times and it was not a problem at all... that being said the last time I went wheeling (at JK fest like a month ago) I Ripped my driveshaft boot...

The first few times I went wheeling with it I was disconnected on stock tires, and I really took it easy for most of the time getting comfortable... and it was places that were not exactly rousch creek...

When I put 35's on and hit RC for the first time with 35's and the lift I did alot of obstacles that I would have passed up due to my confidance in the new setup... It worked great, but at the end of the day of hard wheeling, my DS boot on the front DS only was torn a bit... I have been driving like that since (trimmed it back a bit) and its been about a month and a half with no issues since (I know its just a matter of time on the DS as everyone says)... If I did not disconnect my swaybars I would not have had it happen I am told...

2.5'' lift on the auto is give or take... you said rubicon so I am guesing your going to use the disconnects... you may have issues with the DS but it might also have to do with what size tires you run ?? because some people who run stock tires or 33's say they have no issues with DS's and I didn't for a while but then I did with 35's... I dont eve know if that would make sense :( haha
Old 11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome to the Long Island thread!!! You should be okay with the 2.5 coil lift possibly a new front shaft. Its people with longer shocks that have rip their boots leading to need new ds. Joey the size of the tires does not effect the driveline angles-lift does. because the tires lift everything up if you get what im saying. The reason you tore the boot is because the tf shocks allow you to flex more than stock which stretched your driveshaft too far. It could have been done on any size tires.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY