Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-11-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Finally getting my OR-FAB sport cage in tomorrow. Took a little while at the powder coaters. Sucks that the brown Santa comes after 3PM to my location. Starts getting dark around that time. Need to finish the install on Thursday and then I'll post my pics!
NICEEE

Take pictures!!!

what color did you get it coated ??

also any update on Evans shop hahahah
Where is it going to be again ? West Babylon ?
Bayshore ? I forget :(
Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dimitri post some pics. I want to see that cage.

Joey, its in Bay Shore..... And as far as I know, still not open. (I want some welding done on my rig, did some myself and not happy with the way it looks)
Old 11-11-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

Technically he can do small things right now like welding. But anything bigger, he can't. Stuff is still scattered everywhere. I helped him wire lighting, outlets, and hang his big hardware bins a couple days ago. It is in Bay Shore, off of 3rd Ave. He said he can start doing everything the week after Thanksgiving. He's going to Disney in 2 weeks for 7 days. Week after Thanksgiving he'll be rolling for anything and everything.

Spoke to him about your lift, he said it SHOULD be around $600. Told him it consisted of all 8 control arms, springs, shocks, f/r driveshafts, and brake lines. But, once he comes back, you can definitely set something up and pass by, bring the kit to show him exactly what it is, and he'll give you the price then.

I got the cage powder coated satin black. My entire interior, including roll bars and floors, are flat black so I had to continue it. Post pics once it's in by tomorrow. Plus, waiting on Woods for my EBC rear brake pads and Crown extended stainless brake lines. At full flex, the OEM lines are TIGHT.

Just hold your horses for 3 more week and he'll do it for you. He's actually excited to get a thing going with JKs.

Last edited by Suffolk JK; 11-11-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Former Member

Will he do regular service on JK's as well?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
Will he do regular service on JK's as well?
As in fluid changes, troubleshooting codes, etc? Pretty sure. As long as it's Jeep related, I doubt he'll mind. I know he was trying to stay away from maintenance stuff, but with every other vehicle except Jeep.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would def bring my jeep to him for maintenence if he offered it to know it was done properly and that the money is going to a good person not a stealership.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Junkie

parked next to my parends WK and a coworkers XJ.. my jeep seems like it grew...

also flexed the JK on the hilo.. front tire hits the bumper pretty bad.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

stubby that front bumper for now joe , its not a regular peice anyways
Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah joe stubby that bad boy. How u liking modern warfare 2 its so good just beat the campaign today. The online is sick
Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Junkie

Lol I played about 5 hours of campaign on the 10th. Haven't tried online at all yet. I tried online it first. Got a message saying to begin campaign first and I got caught up.. Haven't been home since then but I will be up early tomorrow playing it. So far I think it is the best shooter I have ever played..

Also, I'm I think I'm going to switch to the 4-6" lift sway links after work. If they work out, I'll have the discos for you sooner rather than later an won't need the stock hardware. (I'm going to run the links without the brackets and see how they work) after having the AEV lift there are a few things that bother me with it.. Those brackets I had to weld, and the rear coils are too short they come unseated when the jeep is at full droop. I actually bought 3/4" Teraflex spacers to tighten up the rear/lift it higher

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY