Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-05-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and...

ETA on Evans shop ?!?!? I am ITCHING!!! theres parts in the Kitchen... and the Girl is bitching... I love the jeep more then her...
Old 11-05-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

PM sent about the AEV pro-cal.
I'll take it if it isn't spoken for already.
I can meet you at Bellmore train station tomorrow night cash in hand,
or I can send a paypal right now.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

joey i cant speak for the superchips, but the AEV procal has been worth every penny. When i first got the 35s and didnt have it callibrated the jeep was so slow it felt like something was wrong. Then i did the procal and it felt like it was back to stock "power". The AEV fixes the speedometer and the shift points of the transmission. i was also able to shut off the tpms sensor which was awesome. you can also play around with daytime running lights and stuff and can increase your rpms for winching.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

I'm going to Evan's shop to help him organize everything. He said with spending time there, it can be used in 2 weeks. So, 2 more weeks.

As far as the lighting, mounted them to the frame up front (frame rails have some holes already in them). In the rear, there are a couple studs that stick out from the bottom of the cubby hole (I have my muffler relocated). Used nuts on those studs. Good to go.

I have all my switches mounted in the Daystar switch panel (made for the area in front of the shifter, but since I have the NSG370, gears 1, 3, and 5 hit the switches. So a long time ago I cut a nice hole in the plastic above the window and cut the Daystar panel to recess the switches there. Looks factory.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I'm going to Evan's shop to help him organize everything. He said with spending time there, it can be used in 2 weeks. So, 2 more weeks.

As far as the lighting, mounted them to the frame up front (frame rails have some holes already in them). In the rear, there are a couple studs that stick out from the bottom of the cubby hole (I have my muffler relocated). Used nuts on those studs. Good to go.

I have all my switches mounted in the Daystar switch panel (made for the area in front of the shifter, but since I have the NSG370, gears 1, 3, and 5 hit the switches. So a long time ago I cut a nice hole in the plastic above the window and cut the Daystar panel to recess the switches there. Looks factory.
I need to check out your jeep...
I also need 2 weeks to be over already... I got a bouns at work for last quater today so that should help pay for some of this lift kit instal...
Old 11-05-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Come by one the Long Island Off Road meetings and you can see it.

Does anyone need, or of anyone who needs, 4 Spidertrax wheel spacers. $100 for all 4. One of the members of LIOR is selling his. Let me know.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

And BTW, TeraFlex 9550 shocks ride GREAT! Remove my tired front shocks with TF extensions for TF 9550s...all I can say is night and day. I'm pretty sure the AEV's kit pays for itself. But if someone is looking for good replacements for their TF BB, or any BB fr that matter, might want to check out the 9550s.

Need to get to Evan to cycle the suspension on his lift, then check the clearances...again...
Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
well Long Islanders.. I have some more stuff for sale... And again, you all get first dibs..

Teraflex 1" spacers for the front - $10
am I too late for these? Do u think 1'' is too much on top of my TF coils for when I add a winch?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
am I too late for these? Do u think 1'' is too much on top of my TF coils for when I add a winch?
Depends on what winch you're going with and what type of cable (steel or synthetic). My Superwinch EPi9.0 is absolutely great (think you should consider this winch, comparable to Warn at a fraction of the cost). I bought it with the steel cable, steel cable frayed and snapped, and went to Viking synthetic with the safety thimble and ORO X-Line hawse fairlead. The winch, when it had the steel cable, weighed in at a hefty 110lbs. With the synthetic, it only weighs 75lbs. There's a lot of weight to be saved if you went to a synthetic line. My front sagged approx. 1/2"-3/4" with the winch. Have had about 2 dozen pulls in the last year that I've had the winch, not one issue. Pulled a Range Rover with a broken front axle uphill about 500 yards in about 4 pulls, never once did it go into thermal overload, it did pull my JK while pulling his Range about 3 of those 4 pulls and kept on going.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

whered you get the 9550's from straight from teraflex?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY