Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnyv13
Hey, Yea I'm the only JK in that parking lot so it was most likely me.

As for the install party, I'll most likely start it in the morning and whoever comes to help along the way will only make it easier, so hopefully some of you can make some time! Ive got parking for at least 6 JKs in my driveway and a detached 2 car garage. If I know whose down i'll grab some food and drinks too.

In the boxes is the 2.5 inch Teraflex lift and upgraded Shocks, also got a box of interior goodies from Quadratec.

Side note: My new infinity components are installed in the front (what a huge difference in quality), still working on the backs and my alpine deck and sirius tuner are installed. I didnt even attempt it since canbus and we dont carry the module Metra recommends yet at Best Buy. My friend was able to make it work and tied the ignition into the deck and it works great.

aim: HMMWV13
TF BB will be on in 2 hours...erm, make that 6 with beer breaks.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well at least we will have a reason to meet up, we can stretch it out!

How did the beach cleanup go? At least the rain held out.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vinnyv13
Well at least we will have a reason to meet up, we can stretch it out!

How did the beach cleanup go? At least the rain held out.
Went very well, minus the couple right at the beginning who thought they owned the beach by placing barricades so no vehicles can drive on. Plus, physically pushing one of the members off the sand in front of his place because we were all "trespassing". Some people just can't appreciate anything. Oh well.

Other than that, a good turnout. Picked up a good ton of garbage (including 2x4 planks, pallets, etc.) Went over to Reeves for a small BBQ that the local fishing club held, then went home.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yooooo. Hey I'm from long island and I go into that B B in bayshore . I have a white jk and when the weather is right I hang a mountain bike from the rear roll cage. Its my kids birthday on sat or I might have join the party....
Old 05-06-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey I am also in Islip too, now you got no reasons to stop by to say what's up hah
Old 05-07-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Hey everyone,

Just to let you guys know, L.I.O.R. will be making the next wheeling trip to Rausch Creek on the Saturday of the 17th. If you guys have off, not doing anything, and are interested in coming, you're more than welcomed to come.

Remember, this isn't a free for all for everyone to just go crazy and wheel with a group. This is to show you what types of people are in the club, how we wheel together, the organization as a whole, and the like. It's to show you what we're about and get you interested in joining the club.

If any of you are interested, don't hesitate to give me a call.

Dimitri
347-751-3032
Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going to be in Ohio that weekend or else I'd definately try to make it. At least my lift will be on after this weekend. Saturdays are always good for me too because I am off. I'll keep an eye out in the future.

Anyone going to try to make it out to Islip this Saturday(05/10) to lend a hand with the lift? I am going to do it either way, the more hands the better though. I am not a pro by any means but can follow directions and have a decent set of tools.

45 Union Ave.
Islip, NY 11751

Vinny 631-433-1104
Old 05-08-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow your close to me. im going to try to make it, im working til 4, ill give you a call after n c if your still there. then ill head over.

maybe we can all hit nutty after if we arent too greased up
Old 05-08-2008, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome well I'm most likely going to start around 12pm or so after i gather any last minute tools. So whenever anyone else shows is fine i'll be around all day.

I'm down for a nutty run its within 5 minutes of me.

Appreciate the help guys and thanks in advance to whoever comes, more hands the better, doesnt seem too hard but it gives us a reason to meet!

I look forward to wheeling with you all, I need to get my tires on order, not sure if im going to get new 16" wheels or keep the 17" stockers. 17" tires are expensive!!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm probably about as useful as tits on a bull, but hey, I may cruise through there if I have a chance just to play meet and greet with you guys. Hitting the stealership at 10:15 for oil change/tire rotation, then I"m not sure what's on the agenda. Will do my best to stop by. =)

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY