Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-22-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw joe...i saw u on 87 goin south...guessin u were leaving work...i think it was either yesterday or the day before....around 520 ish...i was makin my way up the hill as u were headin down...
Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
Wow Adam, are you building another JK?
nah he just bashed the crap out of his wheeling and needed a nice and neat one and I still had mine
Old 10-22-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
Wow Adam, are you building another JK?
Building or RE-building mine? gotta love a vehicle that's built like an erector set. Squish the bumper? 6 bolts later, poof, new bumper. Tear off drive shaft boots? poof, Joey wins new ones and agrees to give me dibs on old ones. yup, it's all good!

Here, note the bumper before and after!

(take a look right at 5:12 into the movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0LuVqeVql0
Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by can10
wow...300 for a new soft top...thats amazing!!!...how did i miss that??...lol...

speaking of the beach...i havent been in a couple weeks...i hate this weather....i was thinking about going tonight but idk...i wanted to ask u guys...when u guys go to smiths point....do u guys use 4L or 4H??...i was reading some threads...and most people said to put it in 4L in the sand...but dont go over like 15mph...and as u guys know...u can go a lil faster than that at smiths point...so another question is...is it bad to be in 4L with the esp off in the sand going more than 15 mph?...and what about on burma road...leave it in 4L?...btw i air down to 18psi...should i go lower?

thanks JK bros!

Use 4-Hi in sand and hold the esp button until it dings to disable it or else it will drive you nuts in the sand. You dont need 4low unless you are doing crawling or have lockers that you want engaged.

I cruise around all day on the beach in 4Hi ESP off and 33 psi without any probs. You should be ok at 18psi on stockers, you can go down to 15 or so. I like to go back to 2Hi if I hit firm ground so it doesnt bind when doing tight turns.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VINdecent
Use 4-Hi in sand and hold the esp button until it dings to disable it or else it will drive you nuts in the sand. You dont need 4low unless you are doing crawling or have lockers that you want engaged.

I cruise around all day on the beach in 4Hi ESP off and 33 psi without any probs. You should be ok at 18psi on stockers, you can go down to 15 or so. I like to go back to 2Hi if I hit firm ground so it doesnt bind when doing tight turns.
thanks a lot!!!...maybe ill hit the beach tonight!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Joe (Racer), good seeing you on the road today, your jeep looks massive now compared to the last time I've seen it. I wasnt sure for a second since your license plate is different, wasnt it like 4x4x before?

Anyway I'll see you around!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt666

Also whoever was looking for a rear bumper ill have one this week.
removing my stock one and adding a frame cover.
frame cover? elaborate!

oh, & I use 4lo whenever possible. that's what it's there for ;-)
Old 10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by can10
wow...300 for a new soft top...thats amazing!!!...how did i miss that??...lol...

speaking of the beach...i havent been in a couple weeks...i hate this weather....i was thinking about going tonight but idk...i wanted to ask u guys...when u guys go to smiths point....do u guys use 4L or 4H??...i was reading some threads...and most people said to put it in 4L in the sand...but dont go over like 15mph...and as u guys know...u can go a lil faster than that at smiths point...so another question is...is it bad to be in 4L with the esp off in the sand going more than 15 mph?...and what about on burma road...leave it in 4L?...btw i air down to 18psi...should i go lower?

thanks JK bros!
Don't feel bad it was a 2dr top. But I also wanted to mention how critical it is that you take the time to hose off the under carriage of your Jeep after being down at the beach. Salt water does some nasty stuff to metal.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matt666
Brendan ill be off until Nov 2
Im sure we can do a beach trip sun or mon with craig if ya want.

Also whoever was looking for a rear bumper ill have one this week.
removing my stock one and adding a frame cover.
I'm looking for a rear bumper.
I really only need it for the corners. I should be receiving the rancho tire carrier next week.
I plan on cutting the ends off of a stock rear bumper in order to reuse them with the Rancho bumper.

The bumper we currently have has seen better days.
Driver side lower corner is in bad shape.

I'm in East Northport and work in Rockville Centre.
Drop me a PM about your availability for me to pick up the bumper.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Don't feel bad it was a 2dr top. But I also wanted to mention how critical it is that you take the time to hose off the under carriage of your Jeep after being down at the beach. Salt water does some nasty stuff to metal.
yeah i usually power wash the whole truck after the beach...

adam says he uses 4L whenever possible....

so idk...4L or 4H at smiths point....

thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY