Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-21-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm missing the summer heres a pic I forgot to post from a month or so ago!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0816091935.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	31781

Also if anyone is interested in a OBA CO2 kit, I have a 10# Source CO2 with moutning bracket. It has a static 150 PSI regulator, will fill tires fast and run most air tools. It will freeze a little if using constantly which is expected from CO2. Holds air fine, still has air in it from Last october. You just need your own air hose which is universal. Bracket is slightly rusted since it was mounted in my pickup truck.

I'll start at $100 for any Long Islander. I paid $250 a few years ago. I get it filled in Deer Park, its usually like $10 and lasts 20 - 30 tire fill ups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0824091910.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	31782

See you all around!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Matt666
If only you had a 4 dr !!!
if only you had a 2 dr hahah

when are you off? wanna hit up the beach i still havent tried the km2s in the sand, and im not gonna be able to make that pine barrens clean up run

edit: and did you ever get that woods back bumper on? i wanna see pics of that

Last edited by BBirish; 10-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll sell you my hardtop for $4000

What's the deal with this clean up in the Jersey pine barens. I want in.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

jeep only shop? cool. pust info when ready!

$300 for a new soft top? wow!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

I would second this...Although I've never personally used them, I know others who have and I always thought their prices were high. I was recommended to Bayport Auto Body a couple of years ago for a new door and some minor bodywork. John (the owner) walked me through the process and got everything done in a reasonable timeframe. He has a lifetime warranty on his work, which I thought was great. If you want their number, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Joe I have gotten estimates at Higbie Collision and they are usually high. If you want I can PM you a few other recommendations in the area. I deal with a handful of places and have had opportunities to see the before and after in person.
As for what Brendan said about painting the door without the truck may work but they usually do a blend to color match as well as they can.

Otherwise since your back in West Islip, I'd like to meet up one night to check out your rig.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

wow...300 for a new soft top...thats amazing!!!...how did i miss that??...lol...

speaking of the beach...i havent been in a couple weeks...i hate this weather....i was thinking about going tonight but idk...i wanted to ask u guys...when u guys go to smiths point....do u guys use 4L or 4H??...i was reading some threads...and most people said to put it in 4L in the sand...but dont go over like 15mph...and as u guys know...u can go a lil faster than that at smiths point...so another question is...is it bad to be in 4L with the esp off in the sand going more than 15 mph?...and what about on burma road...leave it in 4L?...btw i air down to 18psi...should i go lower?

thanks JK bros!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07RedX
Does anybody have a stock rear bumper laying around for cheap?
We kinda beat up the rear bumper on our JK unlimited when wheeling it.
I'm in East Northport.

Thanks!
Sorry man I just gave mine away to adamisadam like a week ago... :(
at least another jeeper has it though hahaha

You can prob find one for free easy enough.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Like I said soo many time, go with Evan from my club I'm with, Long Island Off Road. He is actually shutting down Goodyear Tire and Auto in Westbury and opening up a JEEP ONLY shop in Bay Shore. He will be taking calls via cell phone and setting up a one at a time service for whatever you need, JEEP related. One Jeep at a time, only. Custom building, might be getting into roll cage building, axles, welding, lift kits, tubs, ring and pinion installs, etc.etc.etc. He's been ASE certified and teaching at Farmingdale for years and been working and wheeling on Jeeps even longer. He knows his shit and I'll vouch his knowledge over ANYONE'S on Long Island, downright. Trust me. Once his shop opens within the next week or so, I'll post his number.

Dimitri
Dimitri def keep us posted!! I still havent gotten that trailmaster kit in and I found out the other day there is no welding or drilling at all its more of a flex arm kit then a long arm kit so the 1500 Evan quoted me on is going to be way more then what it should cost... No cutting or drilling or welding prob a 1 day job not 2 now I would love to see a great offroad place open up on LI that is worth going too and I hope he gets it off going strong
if you can PM me his number again or just post the shop number when they open...
Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
Sorry man I just gave mine away to adamisadam like a week ago... :(
at least another jeeper has it though hahaha

You can prob find one for free easy enough.
Yup!!!

I know of one in CT if you really want it.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Adam, are you building another JK?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY