Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

local..

Im in West Islip, basically where Robert Moses and Montauk Highway meet (Right behind Good Samaritan Hospital)
Old 04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow yeah your only a stones throw away. I am right off Montauk Highway as well near 111.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool sounds good, maybe the following weekend or something, I am only off on Saturdays. I am going to start wheeling with everyone once I get my BFG All Terrains. Hey I'm only 23 so I dont know how good I will be at teaching, but I installed my body lift at 17 on my old truck...

If I can fix computers, I can install suspension lifts!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

even without the BFG's... itll do okay with stock wheels and tires.. in my opinion traction isnt the enemy at rausch creek, its ground clearance, i kept getting high centered and ended up cracking a side step.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

p.s.- my Jeep. lets see a quick pic of yours.. (I have seen Oleg's beast in another thread, but Id always like to see another pic of it)

and yes that was at Rausch Creek.

Oleg, who are you going with? And are you planning on staying overnight? (EDIT: Im slow, I somehow didn't see the Sticky.)

But yea, If you need a passenger at the Creek i'm down to be one, Ill split whatever costs there are (Fuel, tolls, hotel, etc.)

Id just rather not bring my JK until I finally get my rails I ordered 20 days ago

Last edited by racer83l; 04-29-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

vinnyv, Geek Squad is a circuit city thing right?? Which store do you work out of?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
p.s.- my Jeep. lets see a quick pic of yours.. (I have seen Oleg's beast in another thread, but Id always like to see another pic of it)
Good idea. I thought we could all share pictures of our jeeps so we know who's who on the road. Here's a couple of mine.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-29-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am still at work at a customers house, but yea Geek Squad is owned by Best Buy, Circuit city is Firedog..

Ive been to paragon several times when it was open with my last truck and my BFGs never had a problem, still scared of these stock tires for offroad use, plus I have the side steps also dont want to crack those off with lack of ground clearence. I'll get pictures up tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racer83l

and yes that was at Rausch Creek.

Oleg, who are you going with? And are you planning on staying overnight? (EDIT: Im slow, I somehow didn't see the Sticky.)

But yea, If you need a passenger at the Creek i'm down to be one, Ill split whatever costs there are (Fuel, tolls, hotel, etc.)

Id just rather not bring my JK until I finally get my rails I ordered 20 days ago
I did well at Rausch this past weekend with no rails. Gas tank skid took a beating and so did my crossmember. Definitely installing my skid row engine/tranny/crossmember skid tomorrow or Thursday. You'll be fine with no rails.

You guys are close to me too. Off of exit 61, Patchogue Holbrook Rd. 3 blocks from The Irish Times, if you guys heard about it.

I'm down for an install party. Did my TF 2.5" budget boost (upped it to 3.25"), swaybar discos, adjustable trackbar, longer links, all my skids...all done solo. Got a crapload of tools. Got my torque wrenches. Definitely down to lend a good hand (lots of years working on cars). Let me know!

Dimitri
Old 04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

From this past weekend at Rausch:

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY