Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have a stock rear bumper laying around for cheap?
We kinda beat up the rear bumper on our JK unlimited when wheeling it.
I'm in East Northport.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
hey i live in Holbrook on LI and go to RMS off road on ocean ave. any body here know of or go there too??
I went into RMS once, wasn't a fan. Probably would never get anything done there. He pretty much said he was 'too good' for wheelin around here and that he keeps his buggy out in Irvine and does the Baja.

The best way to have something done right is doing it yourself.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Im going to get an estimate to get it fixed.. I dont want the guys that usually do my body work to do it because their paint seems to be pretty brittle EDIT: chips easily. Im thinking Higbie Collision in W. Islip. unless anyone knows anyone that does good work.. id rather the scratches than a shitty non matching paint job that I spent money on, the scratches were free.
Joe I have gotten estimates at Higbie Collision and they are usually high. If you want I can PM you a few other recommendations in the area. I deal with a handful of places and have had opportunities to see the before and after in person.
As for what Brendan said about painting the door without the truck may work but they usually do a blend to color match as well as they can.

Otherwise since your back in West Islip, I'd like to meet up one night to check out your rig.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

Like I said soo many time, go with Evan from my club I'm with, Long Island Off Road. He is actually shutting down Goodyear Tire and Auto in Westbury and opening up a JEEP ONLY shop in Bay Shore. He will be taking calls via cell phone and setting up a one at a time service for whatever you need, JEEP related. One Jeep at a time, only. Custom building, might be getting into roll cage building, axles, welding, lift kits, tubs, ring and pinion installs, etc.etc.etc. He's been ASE certified and teaching at Farmingdale for years and been working and wheeling on Jeeps even longer. He knows his shit and I'll vouch his knowledge over ANYONE'S on Long Island, downright. Trust me. Once his shop opens within the next week or so, I'll post his number.

Dimitri
Old 10-21-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Junkie

Got my OR-FAB sport cage on order and coming by next week. WOOHOO.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap, Evans opening his shop that soon??? That's insane. Where at in Bay Shore?? I live right there.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

WOW evans gonna open up a jeep only shop that is SWEET!!!!

and dimitri id like to see that sport cage in person when you get it installed I was thinking of getting it, I love OR-Fab's stuff
Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got home from a drive to Mastic.
Brand new soft top with all hardware included. Even tinted windows. Everything still packaged from the factory, $300. Thank you Graig's list.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Just got home from a drive to Mastic.
Brand new soft top with all hardware included. Even tinted windows. Everything still packaged from the factory, $300. Thank you Graig's list.
wanna sell me your hardtop
Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racer83l
Holy crap, Evans opening his shop that soon??? That's insane. Where at in Bay Shore?? I live right there.
Yeah, when it came down to keeping Goodyear open or getting a fast move on his own shop, his own shop won. He's had COUNTLESS Jeeps in his shop, so, he got on the wagon and wants to dedicate his time to doing one Jeep at a time. Not exactly sure on location yet, I'll find out by Friday.

How do you like the gussets by the way? Sorry about your JK getting keyed too.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY