Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Lift party? Has anyone ever done one this complex?
Sure, now everyones interested.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sethc84
Sure, now everyones interested.
hahaha well you tried to plan yours out the weekend of RC budddy hahaha

I know Joe was a NYC guy who lead a group of serious serious rigs (hes the dude with the sweeeet hemi) not sure if thats who your talking 'bout
Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

PIAJ the guys from the ateam on friday , was joe (racer) and me (lijeepguy) (chris)
Old 10-07-2009, 04:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lijeepguy
PIAJ the guys from the ateam on friday , was joe (racer) and me (lijeepguy) (chris)
ahhh I thought he said non-ateam Guy named Joe...
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I'm sitting here at Huntington Jeep getting oil change and stuff, and I asked for a replacement of my conv top rails. On one side of the rail where the sunrider clips in (the hinge that the top pivots on with the spring loaded lever), the slot that the pivot arm comes through the plastic is getting elongated. Not sure how this could have happened, but basically the slot is growing. I pointed it out and said I want a new one.

THEY TOLD ME ANYTHING WITH THE CONV TOP IS ONLY COVERED 12/12!!! I've got 18k miles in the 10 months I've owned it. (and the conv top has only been on for the summer!)

I have the extended lifetime warranty, but he said that's not inclusive of the top. I'm going to look into this. Kinda pisses me off!

Anyone have OEM rails they want to part with? Maybe someone that converted to Bestop or sometihng.

This really ticks me off. I've had three issues since I owned the Jeep: this, the hood latches, and my driveshaft boots. none of them they covered. I really hope they don't screw me should I ever really need them!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
dont know if anyone else saw this... but the half door kits will be available form the dealer within the next month and will cost ~$900 per set (front or rear) I am SO getting them
900 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOLD i wonder what they mean by kit do we still have to put them together and get them painted ?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by lijeepguy
I just wanted to thank you both for stepping up and helping out lead the trails, and set up on Saturday. I appreciate it.

Theres no way shit would have got done without your help
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I just wanted to thank you both for stepping up and helping out lead the trails, and set up on Saturday. I appreciate it.

Theres no way shit would have got done without your help
Chris, we are the last guys that should be thanked. Thank you for stepping up and spending a lot of your time on putting this AWESOME trail run together.

I look forward to it again next year, and if you need anything, you let us know.

As far as the half door kits go.. $900 gets you all the parts necessary, they are assembled minus the door seals (included but not installed). They are e-coated and primed ready for paint. I'm not certain, but the uppers may be seperate and extra $.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joey2times
just checked with Evan, looks like its going to be at least $1500....

ouch.. :( my budget is no where near that as of now... looks like it might be a while before I get this kit on...
Was this the $3,500 kit you won through Northridge4x4 and JK-Forum? The least you can do, since you can't do it yourself, is pay for a proper installation.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Hey joey, I was serious about the offer.

If you still don't have it done, once spring is here. We'll get it done..

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY