Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-31-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default like this

The pure jeep bumper fits the beach pass perfectly.

Last edited by hellazuki; 03-31-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

So... I got my interior Linexed today.

Absolutely phenomenal job. Grade A.

I'm exhausted, but I'll get up pictures and information soon... if any of you are considering it, it set me back $500, and I did most of the disassembly - honestly, if you have an impact wrench or a breaker bar, once you deal with getting the seat bolts started, aside from that taking the interior apart will only take about 30-40 minutes. Easy stuff.

Beach pass on your bumper? I got mine and it's just a cardboard card. Are they going to be mailing me a full on sticker or something?
Old 04-01-2008, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Then I'm confused. O_o

I went to Robert Moses office, filled out all my infos, paid my $49, and I got a big ass cardboard placard that's presently in my glove. I got no sticker!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pics of the interior after Linexing... this guy is local, good people, and affordable. If you want to look into him, drop me a PM.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...698#post417698
Old 04-22-2008, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default What happened to all the Long Island Jeepers?

This tread has been idle for too long.] Long Island Offroad Club went wheeling last Saturday in the Western Mass. area and four JK's showed up. We had 16 rigs form a box stock JK to an all tubed buggy and everyone had a challenge.
I took out my JK Rubi to charge the battery.Normally I use my trusty TJ. LOL Yes it sits that long. It hung with the hard core rigs just fine. And I have to thank LoD and Jeep for two very strong bumpers. The LoD front glided me up onto some huge house size rocks and the Jeep aftermarket rear bumper took some real good wallups. This is the first time with the evap relocate kit. No more charcoal pellets on the back rug. LOL But, I did bend another tierod though. Oh well that's the price we pay.

So why am I writing this? Well it's not to talk about my trip and fun weekend but to get some of you internet Jeepers to actually come out and see what your rig can really do. Come to a meeting and or a ride. You'll be glad you did.

Bob Coco
Old 04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bob Coco
This tread has been idle for too long.] Long Island Offroad Club went wheeling last Saturday in the Western Mass. area and four JK's showed up. We had 16 rigs form a box stock JK to an all tubed buggy and everyone had a challenge.
I took out my JK Rubi to charge the battery.Normally I use my trusty TJ. LOL Yes it sits that long. It hung with the hard core rigs just fine. And I have to thank LoD and Jeep for two very strong bumpers. The LoD front glided me up onto some huge house size rocks and the Jeep aftermarket rear bumper took some real good wallups. This is the first time with the evap relocate kit. No more charcoal pellets on the back rug. LOL But, I did bend another tierod though. Oh well that's the price we pay.

So why am I writing this? Well it's not to talk about my trip and fun weekend but to get some of you internet Jeepers to actually come out and see what your rig can really do. Come to a meeting and or a ride. You'll be glad you did.

Bob Coco
Hi Bob, didn't know you had a JK as well as the TJ. Hope you can make our Crawl for the Cure again this year.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bob Coco

Bob Coco
I was one of the JKs that went on this wheeling trip. Believe me people, if you want some good ol' 4-wheeling with a bunch of good people and you're in the N.Y.C. area, definitely come to one of our events.

My new skids took a good beating. 4 good sized, full-length gouges from front to back on my Rockhard 4x4 gas tank skid. Took it without flinching. Warn diff. covers took a good one too. The usual scuffs and scratches on the bumpers. Dislodged the fender flare...AGAIN! Hah, it's all in good fun. I wonder why Bob bent his tierod...could it be because he was hammering down the skinny pedal every chance he got?!? You're one crazy guy Bob, even my pop's was laughing at some of your "balls to the wall" actions.

But it was definitely a good trail. A lot more challenging than last months. Lots of hill climbs, lots of tight corners, blind corners, and a few tight squeezes. 90% of this trail was playing on the rocks. A good mudhole that swallowed a TJ and almost got Bob's JK Rubi stuck. But, ended up being his lockers didn't engage. Went through like it was a water puddle.

You guys should definitely come by and join us on one of our trips. The club's website is posted on my signature. All the info is on there.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys, I just picked up my 2008 Unlimited X the other day. I am over in Islip in Suffolk County. Not new to 4 wheeling but new to Jeep's and I love mine so far. The TeraFlex BB is already on the way with 45 miles on my odo. Cant wait to get it on, its hard to keep it stock.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

I wonder why Bob bent his tierod...could it be because he was hammering down the skinny pedal every chance he got?!? You're one crazy guy Bob, even my pop's was laughing at some of your "balls to the wall" actions.

A good mudhole that swallowed a TJ and almost got Bob's JK Rubi stuck. But, ended up being his lockers didn't engage. Went through like it was a water puddle.

Hell, If you think that was hammering wait till you see me drive my TJ.
My JK is still scratch free. My TJ has rolled 5 times

Oh and the reason the lockers weren't engaging was my fault. I had to read the owners manual to figure out how to use them. LOL I've had it a year now and it just broke 4,000 miles. I barely drive it. I think my friends have put half that mileage on it.

Bob Coco
Old 04-23-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Just to let everyone here know, on May 3rd, L.I.O.R. will be hosting a beach clean-up by Riverhead's Northshore beaches. It starts at 7:45AM, where we all meet, and drive in at 8AM. The clean-up will last until 11AM. Then, we'll all drive to Reeve's Beach for a BBQ.

I think this will be a perfect time for you Long Islander JK's to come by, meet a great bunch of people, and find out what L.I.O.R. is all about. At the same time, contribute a little bit to cleaning up the local beaches.

If you're interested, PM me, and I'll give you directions/instructions.

Hope to hear from you guys!

Dimitri

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY