Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-29-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I didn't get a chance to do my lift over the weekend. Since then I am hopeful of going this weekend, therefore I want my JK lifted asap. I'm thinking a two nighter (tomorrow night & Thursday night). In order for me to get this done i will have to start after work (6ish) and work in my driveway with spot lights. I am very intent on doing the lift myself and not paying someone to do it. Please, I would really appreciate it if one of you guys that has experience would come by (drink some free beers) and assist me (and i don't mean labor, no dirty hands for you). Let me know.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

cool pics adam, id like to do a jamboree eventually
Old 09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

2 more days AHHHH i cannot wait

seth i saw your name on the sign up list your definitely going? - cool
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

wish i was able to make it....starting to pack my house to move in a few weeks so i have noooooo time.....

everyone have fun and be safe......
Old 09-30-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
cool pics adam, id like to do a jamboree eventually
They are definitely a fun experience. Very different than just wheeling with a small group. You meet all kinds of jeepers and in many cases, as in Catskills, you wheel on all private land, so it's places you can't get to other times.

I personally think every Jeeper should experinece at least one Jamboree. I know it's more expensive than just going to RC for the day or weekend, but you do get a whole different experience, as I said.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Shorty antenna

What's up Jeep Brothers ?

I just got my shorty ANTENNA today and it looks awesome. 14 " black -- under $20. I was worried about a bit of reception loss as some say, but it it did not at all. It is so much nicer IMHO than the 31 " silver bad boy that comes stock.

One little MOD at a time for me.

Peace.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0930091428a[1].jpg
Views:	48
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	30832  
Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ORANGLER
What's up Jeep Brothers ?

I just got my shorty ANTENNA today and it looks awesome. 14 " black -- under $20. I was worried about a bit of reception loss as some say, but it it did not at all. It is so much nicer IMHO than the 31 " silver bad boy that comes stock.

One little MOD at a time for me.

Peace.
i like that a lot...and i do agree it looks much nicer than the stock one...where did u get that?...and how hard was the install?...i cant imagine it being that hard....
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by can10
i like that a lot...and i do agree it looks much nicer than the stock one...where did u get that?...and how hard was the install?...i cant imagine it being that hard....
Hey Can -- my official JEEP SISTER,

I really like it alot. Just screw off (excuse my French) and then screw new one on. Being careful to not scratch finish on the antenna mostly. I used a piece of rubber material between the wrench and antenna. It comes in 8 " and 14". I went with the 14": because of some people having issues with reception loss with the 8". I sided on caution. No reception loss with this 14" at all. I will keep the stock incase I go on long trips out of state, but that is what SIRIUS/ CD's and IPODs are for anyway. Peace.
Check them out. www.shortyantennasource.com

Last edited by ORANGLER; 09-30-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

just ordered my teraflex leveling kit Only 119.00 and free shipping
Northridge rocks
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

So whos going to rausch friday late afternoon?? Around 2-3 ? And what level trails are you guys gonna run? I want to do harder stuff blues maybe a blue/black and i guess some greens

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY