Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill send you the number
Old 09-24-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by deekum1627
ill send you the number
my thanks.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
my thanks.
welcome man
Old 09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Deekum,

Your jeep looks awesome. Mind sending me the number also?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Tightening up fender !!!!

Anyone know how to tighten up on a front fender/ SAHARA ? One is musch looser thean the other. Ypu can hear it when you tap each side. There can't be any issues with the fender clips others discuss that are under the inner liner. But there is a plastic type "slip on" piece that I see that seems to go around something else. That seems looser than the other side which doesn't have movement.

Anyone deal with this before ? I Would hate to take it into the stealership for such a stupid problem.

Mike
Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

i would say the fender clips but u already said that wasnt it maybe the liner shifted
Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Could the fender clips get loose without a hit or messing with the fenders ?

I am not positive about any of it actually, I just see that this plastic insert thing is looose where it meets the black under liner. It seems to be what holds up the black plastic liner or at least surrounds the thing that needs to be adjusted. I have to take a better look and see what it surrounds and then hopefully can just tighten if loose.

There is a definite difference between driver and passenger sides.

Thanks alot for the reply. Always appreciate yourt input.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

anytime man, ive never heard of anyones fenders being loose. they all have a little give to them i guess if you want to call it that. and for the jk sticker i saw that post a page or 2 back you have to get them from the project-jk site. if you need the link i can get it

Edit: heres the link http://www.project-jk.com/store/

Last edited by BBirish; 09-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BBirish
anytime man, ive never heard of anyones fenders being loose. they all have a little give to them i guess if you want to call it that. and for the jk sticker i saw that post a page or 2 back you have to get them from the project-jk site. if you need the link i can get it

Edit: heres the link http://www.project-jk.com/store/
Thanks Again, I will order them tonight. Peace.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:19 AM
JK Junkie

Those clips come loose by themselves. They are a stupid way of holding on the fender. Remove them and replace them with actal bolts, washers, and nuts. I did. I could lean on a tree, which I've had NUMEROUS times on the flare, and it won't budge. It'll bend all the way down, and deflect back to it's normal position (chopped flares of course). If you try that with full width flares, it'll crack the flare, but it still won't come off the body. Used 4, 3/8", grade-8s with nuts and washers per flare up front. I think 6, 3/8", grade-8s, with nuts and washers per flare on the rear. On the rear, you'll have to remove the tail lights to access 2 of the fender holes to hld the washers/nuts. Then, if you remove the rear carpet that runs along the JK's walls, right behind the seatbelt tower you'll see a cut out in the body with some spray foam in there. In that hole, you can access 2 more body holes to hold the washer/nut.

A bit of a headache, but rattles no more and are NEVER coming off (unless shattered but I doubt it since I've leaned a tree on them, completely 90* turn about 30 times and NOTHING).

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY