Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got my AEV procal today its awesome, if you dont have one get one. I shut off my tpms light and my speedometer is fixed wooo
Old 09-15-2009, 04:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
got my AEV procal today its awesome, if you dont have one get one. I shut off my tpms light and my speedometer is fixed wooo
How do you fix the speedo? Do you just enter tire size or Revs per mile or what?

Good to know someone locally with one
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
How do you fix the speedo? Do you just enter tire size or Revs per mile or what?

Good to know someone locally with one
there are dip switches on the back and you follow the book to see how to set it for your tire size, which you have to actually measure (my rubi tires are 31" boooo) then u just plug it into the obd2 port with the ignition on, wait for the horn bam done takes like 30 seconds total ahaha
Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
What do you consider wheeling? Our perception and definition of the word "wheeling" could be COMPLETELY different. Steep obstacles, lots of off-camber situations, lots of rock crawling, TIGHT trails, no go-arounds, minimum 2 out of 3 (33" tire, lockers f/r, and winch), lots of spare parts and tools, always adding to the damage on the rig, etc. My wheeling.

Which is why I said not 100% true...
I agree with you completely....

That being said...

There are places where you can wheel on the island and you can have Steep Obstacles, some off-chamber situations, a few keg size rocks to pose on, TIGHT paint mashing spots, No go-arounds or some go arounds... I don't think any of the places REQUIRE lockers winches or 33'' tires... but I hydro locked on 35's with front and rear lockers... which goes to show that tires and lockers don't stop all of the trail hazards....

If your always adding damage on the rig then your wheeling doesn't sound like fun wheeling... it sounds like beating the shit out of your jeep... and I do enough of that while trying not to break shit on purpous.

Wheeling is pretty much going off road... hitting mud is wheeling and going on the beach is wheeling... rock crawling is driving over a bunch of rocks... sure its a form of wheeling but its not the only form of wheeling...

There are legal trails on the island... and there are a lot of spots that are fun to do and you wont get any bullshit from anyone for doing them... that's all I mean...

The spots I am referring to are not pavement and I think that's what they are looking for...
Old 09-15-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

there are dip switches on the back and you follow the book to see how to set it for your tire size, which you have to actually measure (my rubi tires are 31" boooo) then u just plug it into the obd2 port with the ignition on, wait for the horn bam done takes like 30 seconds total ahaha
can other people use it ??

if so I will pay ya to do mine !! hahaha
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
can other people use it ??

if so I will pay ya to do mine !! hahaha
im pretty sure it only works with 1 vin, but i never set my vin so im not sure
Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im pretty sure it only works with 1 vin, but i never set my vin so im not sure
Yea, I remember reading about that.

But for speedo corrections, on my KJ all I had to do was have the dealer put in the revolutions per mile. The KJ was pre-programmed for the 3 different available tire sizes, but if you had a non-OEM size, you could also just plug in Revs per mile which you can get from the manufacturer or tirerack, etc.

Some dealers charged $25 or so for that, others did it for free.

Just wondering if the JK is the same setup.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Yea, I remember reading about that.

But for speedo corrections, on my KJ all I had to do was have the dealer put in the revolutions per mile. The KJ was pre-programmed for the 3 different available tire sizes, but if you had a non-OEM size, you could also just plug in Revs per mile which you can get from the manufacturer or tirerack, etc.

Some dealers charged $25 or so for that, others did it for free.

Just wondering if the JK is the same setup.
nope just the tire size, and i checked it with my gps and it got it exactly on a side note it can program up to a 54" tire
Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Spotted

Saw two nice lifted JK's today, one was a rescue green unlimited at jiffy lube at around 12:30, I believe Centereach (east of Nicols on the south-side of 25). The other was a black unlimited driving west on sunrise at about 4:00 in Bay Shore (right into that traffic (I avoided it, you got stuck). Anybody?

Last edited by Sethc84; 09-15-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

so im pretty bummed i had someone who was gonna buy my rubicon rims and tires this weekend and he just backed out so now i have to wait even longer to get my 35s i bought 15" cragar soft 8's though, so i have them sitting in the garage now at least i can use the AEV procal

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY