Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm out too for this weekend. But I'm getting ready for Catskills Jeep Jamboree in 2 weeks. WAHOO! You guys should all do a Jam at least once. They are something to be experienced as a Jeep owner IMO.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam, a Jamboree is definetly on my list of things to do before I die.. my excuse for not signing up already, they have to be paid in advance, And I cannot get a definite answer from anyone whether they will come with me or not.. Unless I just go by myself...

Anywhoo, the plug came in from where my license plate used to be.. heres the latest view of her butt. Hope you all like it.. I need to wash it BAD
Old 09-09-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
Adam, a Jamboree is definetly on my list of things to do before I die.. my excuse for not signing up already, they have to be paid in advance, And I cannot get a definite answer from anyone whether they will come with me or not.. Unless I just go by myself...

Anywhoo, the plug came in from where my license plate used to be.. heres the latest view of her butt. Hope you all like it.. I need to wash it BAD
i love the black and silver look...

its cool if u guys cant make it...not going to do anything big..juss relax with the gf....get some sun...hopefully it doesnt rain...
Old 09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racer83l
I hear ya. Well, you can convoy and go with me next year
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I hear ya. Well, you can convoy and go with me next year
I am going to wana go too one year....

but Its stupid expensive...

RC is the poor man's equal... 100+ Jeeps, 100 LESS rules!
hahahaha

plus It cost about 1/10th as much hahaha
Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

I've done many different types of events. RC, local organized runs with 10 jeeps, 3 Jeeps in the woods, and about 7 Jeep Jamborees. Trust me on this, they are all different. Each with its own merrits. The Jams are very well organized and run, usually on private land that you can't wheel on other times (ie, Killington, VT for example). And the terrain and Jeeps are big and spread out, unlike being in a confined place like a Park.

Like I said, I think eveyone should at least try it once.

Plus, they do so many giveaways, it's not uncommon to come out of there winning something worth more than the entry fees!

(You can't just get here on your own!)
Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I've done many different types of events. RC, local organized runs with 10 jeeps, 3 Jeeps in the woods, and about 7 Jeep Jamborees. Trust me on this, they are all different. Each with its own merrits. The Jams are very well organized and run, usually on private land that you can't wheel on other times (ie, Killington, VT for example). And the terrain and Jeeps are big and spread out, unlike being in a confined place like a Park.

Like I said, I think eveyone should at least try it once.

Plus, they do so many giveaways, it's not uncommon to come out of there winning something worth more than the entry fees!

(You can't just get here on your own!)

which is why I agreeee that I haveee to go at some point my life... (maybe after I win the lotto! hahaha noo but I am just sore because I had to back out of going on this one... (even tho you hooked me up with the late entry spot) because I didnt have the $$ to go...
Old 09-09-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joey2times
... (even tho you hooked me up with the late entry spot) because I didnt have the $$ to go...
Yes, don't get me started on that one. Trying to drag my good name through the mud at JJUSA corporate? (hey, drag through the mud. get it? )

Did you ever contact them and tell them you weren't going?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes, don't get me started on that one. Trying to drag my good name through the mud at JJUSA corporate? (hey, drag through the mud. get it? )

Did you ever contact them and tell them you weren't going?
yea I called them and spoke with them for a while about the rules and dates and fees and things and then told them that I would regrefully not be able to go because of the price, and they were really cool about it... I thought I shot you an email about that but I might have over looked it (its prob sitting in my drafts)

all and all the people I spoke with were cool as hell and understanding.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joey2times
yea I called them and spoke with them for a while about the rules and dates and fees and things and then told them that I would regrefully not be able to go because of the price, and they were really cool about it... I thought I shot you an email about that but I might have over looked it (its prob sitting in my drafts)

all and all the people I spoke with were cool as hell and understanding.
They are all extremely cool people!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY