Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright cool joe ill have to get those links.

This threads been quiet lately what happened to the long island chat room thread ahahha

Probably heading down to sore thumb in about an hour
Old 09-03-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

where can i get gears done where u guys all go i live in farmingville
Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by deekum1627
where can i get gears done where u guys all go i live in farmingville
Go to offroad evolution theyre having a special on gears only $999 hahahaha man i wish they were closer.

Seriously though check out OK4WD in jersey
Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Cowl Vent Rattle Possibly

I am getting an annoying rattle in center dash. It occurs even over slight bumps, rattle lasts a short second or two. Not bad, just STUPID and always there ! Anyone here take off there cowl vent to fix this type rattle ? There has been a thread on the forum for awhile now. Putting rubber under the clips that go into the firewall. I had questions on how to take off wipers in order to take off the vent. I know the bolts come off obviously, but do you then just use pressure to take the wiper off. and are they easy to go back on ? Any info would be good.
Anyone ever do this ?

Thanks -- PEACE !

Last edited by ORANGLER; 09-03-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Hmmm ive never heard of this rattle orangler, but i took my windshield wipers off once when i put my windshield down. Its easy u just pop the cap off that covers the bolts, unbolt it and give it a little tug off and they go back on just as easy
Old 09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks bro. I will be on it tomorrow and see if it goes away with the adjustment. Not a big deal, but it def. won't fix itself and rattles don't get better over time. haha
Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

So after numerous trips to the dealership for the leak in my passenger footwell, they finally sent it to a place in Westbury called "Superior". Thanks to them my leaks are fixed. (as of now) The next thing on the agenda was for the dealership to replace the front carpets that smelt like mildew. They did that yesterday and then I picked it up.
Now here is where I'm lost. The little hook that attaches to the floor mat is now so far to the left on the drivers side floor that it does not line up wit the mats. Is this even possible or did I go stupid? Before I call the dealership to bitch, I wanted to know form anyone who has taken out their carpet and reinstalled them. Can the carpets be put in incorrectly?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey guys...sooo..heres a lil update...i havent blacked out my lights yet...i was saving it for this weekend....so ill probably get them done tomorrow...and hopefully they come out good....BUT...i did take the sahara stickers off...and put my JK black ones on...it was pretty easy taking the stickers off..i used a hair dryer...and bam...came right off...then cleaned the residue off with some all purpose adhesive cleaner....yuuuppp....sooo the JK stickers....look good in my opinion....u cant really see them....esp at night...u would never even know its there...i like the look...even if u cant really see them...i left the wrangler unlimited sticker on...just until i get my wheels powdercoated....then they will come off..

soo yeah....i hope i get to do my lights this weekend....well see!

ohh and btw...my gf got me a gift card to the beach...so im most likely going to use it for a day pass....and buy a year pass next year....yuuuppp..im excited!...maybe we will head up there next weekend...
Old 09-04-2009, 04:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too played with decals. I removed my black '' J E E P '' decals that I had put on in place of the Wrangler Unlimited decals & I then installed SILVER ''JEEP'' decals with the letter closer together. I'll post pics when I'm not using my cell. looks good. yes, I'm anal!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ORANGLER
I am getting an annoying rattle in center dash. It occurs even over slight bumps, rattle lasts a short second or two. Not bad, just STUPID and always there ! Anyone here take off there cowl vent to fix this type rattle ? There has been a thread on the forum for awhile now. Putting rubber under the clips that go into the firewall. I had questions on how to take off wipers in order to take off the vent. I know the bolts come off obviously, but do you then just use pressure to take the wiper off. and are they easy to go back on ? Any info would be good.
Anyone ever do this ?

Thanks -- PEACE !
a rattle in the dash?...hmmm...i always here a rattle type of noise in the door or something...at least it sounds like its by the door....like where my seatbelt is..idk what it is...only hear it when i hit a bump or something..

AND i have a big box...2 10" subs in the back...so i hear a lot of BOOM BOOM...and i noticed when i have the front panels off...and the back part of the roof still on...the screws get lose...the 2 in the front...and they start to make a rattle noise...so i usulally have to stop...tighten the screws....and then its fine...but...i dont know how to fix the noise that is by my seatbelt...any of u guys know how to fix it..or even know what im talking about???...

sorry for not using the proper JK talk...im a girl...so i dont really know what all this stuff is called...lol

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY