Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-02-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rausch

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I've been to MaBell about 4 times already. MaBell and Rattlesnake Gutter are 2 of my favorite trails in Mass. Definitely short now that you can't pass the summit anymore. Gutter definitely has some good lightbulb trails now. JK Fest I'm not sure about, heading to CT for some private land wheeling by Region D the weekend of the 19th. Once the end of the month rolls around, might look into it, but only for a day at most. Not a fan of Rausch when it's a packed house. 5-10 rigs AT MOST per group. More than that, it's a waiting game.
Yeah that is a problem when you go with a large group. I'm hoping to score some giveaway swag when I go on Saturday.
Gutter and the side trails there are great, went on old florida rd. at trailfest for the first time , great trail ,comparable to gutter with a few really good obstacles.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow joe youve been busy haha
Old 09-02-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BBirish
Wow joe youve been busy haha
just trying to keep busy.
Brendan and Chris, we (The GF, myself, and a few friends) are planning a camping trip to Wildwood in like Calverton..

you wanna go? prob 2 nights, I think they allow 2 tents per site. I have 2 large 3 room tents
Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

when are you thinking of going? im really busy running around getting stuff set up for the fall semester everything is pretty crazy but if I can fit it in maybeeee
Old 09-02-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

I dont even know yet.. but as soon as I find out Ill let you know..
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

im probout for the camping trip, but keep me informed , id like to get my 1.75 poly lift in and get the other one out before i go wheeling again , but with my shoulder f-ed up i cant do much of anything
Old 09-02-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Sway bar is done. Took way longer than expected (had to remove and reinstall the bumper and winch).
Brendan, if you want my disco's, you can have them for free. The catch, I ordered the s/t for a 4-6" lift.. (I was going to use my links that I already had.. And have longer links if I lift higher). You order the 0-3" links $33.99 + shipping from Teraflex.biz, and you can have the rest of my disco hardware for free. (pins, cotter pins, sway bar holding bracket etc)
Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Sway bar is done. Took way longer than expected (had to remove and reinstall the bumper and winch).
Brendan, if you want my disco's, you can have them for free. The catch, I ordered the s/t for a 4-6" lift.. (I was going to use my links that I already had.. And have longer links if I lift higher). You order the 0-3" links $33.99 + shipping from Teraflex.biz, and you can have the rest of my disco hardware for free. (pins, cotter pins, sway bar holding bracket etc)
I was thinking of that sway bar. Didn't know what order I should put everything on in. Keeping that in mind what do you suggest.
I have the 2.5" Teraflex coil lift in box not yet install, shrockworks bumper still on order, and I was going to order the swaybar. Should I buy it and do that before the lift and bumper?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:13 PM
JK Junkie

Do the bumper first. The sway is not compatible with every bumper. So install it, check out clearance, then see if the sway will even work with your bumper. Unless if teraflex knows if the bumper will work or not
Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
Do the bumper first. The sway is not compatible with every bumper. So install it, check out clearance, then see if the sway will even work with your bumper. Unless if teraflex knows if the bumper will work or not
I guess thats a good way to go especially because the shrockworks mid-width comes with a (detachable) sway bar skid

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY