Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can, you get the nightshades done?? AND did you fix your bulb?

Today, I relocated my license plate to the center of the spare.. wanted to get the license plate bracket off the body, and I needed a place to mount the reverse camera Im still waiting on... no pics. Its the exact same setup as JPTwins write up. this set-up (which works perfectly with a JK)
Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I'm part of LIOR and EC4WDA. I was not at Trailfest this year, but I was at MaBell a little while back (part of Trailfest). Did you see a JK with the LIOR sticker? There are about 4 JKs in the club, but not wheeled a lot, except me. But, since we're 60+ strong, I know you had to see a few LIOR rigs at Trailfest. I think about 6-8 showed for it.
I was the only JK there, did see some LIOR guys in some nicely built up rigs though. Was that your first trip to MABell?It's a fun trail to play on, although it's a little short. Any of you going to JK Fest?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
Today, I relocated my license plate to the center of the spare.. wanted to get the license plate bracket off the body, and I needed a place to mount the reverse camera Im still waiting on... no pics. Its the exact same setup as JPTwins write up. this set-up (which works perfectly with a JK)
Got a link for his writeup?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Got a link for his writeup?
as requested....
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ate+relocation

Only thing, I wired it without his write up and used different wires, I did black as ground.. the white/tan wire is actually for the reverse lights (I know because I already wired it as my trigger wire for the reverse camera)
Old 09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

as requested....
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ate+relocation

Only thing, I wired it without his write up and used different wires, I did black as ground.. the white/tan wire is actually for the reverse lights (I know because I already wired it as my trigger wire for the reverse camera)
Kewl. thanks. Where'd you put the backup camera? I'd like to get one myself as i have the harness and ALLGIG already.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Kewl. thanks. Where'd you put the backup camera? I'd like to get one myself as i have the harness and ALLGIG already.
I actually couldnt find a good place to mount it on the back of the Jeep without fabbing some sort of custom bracket... that was the decision maker for me with relocating the license plate.. I bought a license plate frame style camera.
similar to this one from best buy.. only from ebay and black
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

I actually couldnt find a good place to mount it on the back of the Jeep without fabbing some sort of custom bracket... that was the decision maker for me with relocating the license plate.. I bought a license plate frame style camera.
similar to this one from best buy.. only from ebay and black
I was tihnking of something like that as well, but it's too easy to trash the OEM plate location. But I rotate my tires often and removing all that each time seems like a PITA.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

its actually very easy... just one wingnut, and one quick release waterproof connector.. it adds maybe 1 minute to the process... 30 seconds to take it off, another 30 to put it on.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricrac12525
I was the only JK there, did see some LIOR guys in some nicely built up rigs though. Was that your first trip to MABell?It's a fun trail to play on, although it's a little short. Any of you going to JK Fest?
I've been to MaBell about 4 times already. MaBell and Rattlesnake Gutter are 2 of my favorite trails in Mass. Definitely short now that you can't pass the summit anymore. Gutter definitely has some good lightbulb trails now. JK Fest I'm not sure about, heading to CT for some private land wheeling by Region D the weekend of the 19th. Once the end of the month rolls around, might look into it, but only for a day at most. Not a fan of Rausch when it's a packed house. 5-10 rigs AT MOST per group. More than that, it's a waiting game.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Junkie

some updated pics, dont have the OEM plug yet to close the hole from the plate.. the dealer had to order it..

my next project

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY