Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redvelvetroses
Hey petenice15! I lived in BK till 1999 then moved to lynbrook, where I live w my bf Dan (Breogan on jk forum). haha

Congrates on the Sahara Unlimited! Where'd you get her from? We were thinking about getting a rubi but now we are leaning to a X Unlimited or Sahara. Just looking for the best deal right now. Cant wait. haha
I'll be picking up my Sahara from a Dodge dealer out on east LI. I wouldn't recommend them for buying a new Jeep. Good luck in the search.

Seems like we must have passed each other on the Belt going in opposite directions. I still own my place in Lynbrook, but I am renting it out now. I conceeded living in Dyker Heights for a few years so we could live the rest of our lives in LI... or at least until we get sick of the traffic and leave all together.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to JK Forums and congrats on the new JK! You guys should DEFINITELY come by tomorrow evening (Tuesday evening) to the LIOR gathering in Lake Grove (Suffolk County). We have dinner and talk about everything that's going on with the club, upcoming events (monthly trail rides) and general information about LEGAL wheeling in the Tri-State area. Come by to meet new and great people, especially if you are interested in LEGAL wheeling in the Tri-State area.

Dimitri
Old 03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rubi???

I picked up my Sahara Unlimited yesterday and I could be happier. It feels great to be in a Jeep again. My first couple of projects start this weekend.

So there I am driving down a main road in let's just say Western Nassau this afternoon and I saw a yellow Unlimited parked in a supermarket. I pulled in to take a closer look, because it had a bunch of mods that looked great. Big tires and sick rims, I loved the bug guard and the euro guards on the head lights and the side markers. The black Rubicon lettering on the yellow really stood out, when all of a sudden I noticed the black "X" sticker on the side of the car. Being new to the Jeep game again, I am no expert, but something seems a little off... So the question is, is this a Rubi or is someone trying to get away with one. And if that is the case, what do you guys think???
Old 03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by petenice15
I picked up my Sahara Unlimited yesterday and I could be happier. It feels great to be in a Jeep again. My first couple of projects start this weekend.

So there I am driving down a main road in let's just say Western Nassau this afternoon and I saw a yellow Unlimited parked in a supermarket. I pulled in to take a closer look, because it had a bunch of mods that looked great. Big tires and sick rims, I loved the bug guard and the euro guards on the head lights and the side markers. The black Rubicon lettering on the yellow really stood out, when all of a sudden I noticed the black "X" sticker on the side of the car. Being new to the Jeep game again, I am no expert, but something seems a little off... So the question is, is this a Rubi or is someone trying to get away with one. And if that is the case, what do you guys think???

Maybe he built up an X to be as good if not better than a stock rubi. If you get after market parts and make it = a rubi can you call it a rubi? All that would be diff is the decal.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

No We have been busy the past few weeks and havent really had time to look around. We did go late night lot browsing up the sunrise last sat. We saw a white rubi in lynbrook by Dunkin Donuts on sat. Dont know what time it was but the sun was still up.lol. Was that any of you guys?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
sounds to me like a fake rubicon with a lazy owner.. He must have spent more time putting on the rubi decals than It would have taken him to remove the x stickers
and what part of Brooklyn r u from? My sisters boyfriend lives in park slope and I've been visiting them out there a lot recently
I'm live in Dyker Heights which is right near Bayridge (originally from W. Hemp and I just moved out of Lynbrook right near the D&D roses was talking about). Park Slope is about 10 min away, some great resturants & bars.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by petenice15
I'm live in Dyker Heights which is right near Bayridge.
Haha I went to Fontbonne Hall Academy.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDog218
If your looking for a deal I will do the right thing for you. My name is Bill I am a salesman at Huntington Jeep. Let me know.
Awesome! Ill deff be getting back to you
Old 03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Was anyone driving on Searingtown Rd. towards Port Washington today in a dark green 2 door Jeep? Black rims - look liked it was lifted.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racer83l
last night I thik I had a BOB COCO sighting at Cassel trucks on North Ocean ave at about 6:15ish..

At least it looked like his Rubi.

anyone ever buy anything from the ebay seller jeepsareus.com??

They are located right in Farmingville, Im thinking about getting some rock rails from them.
Got a Mopar cruise control kit and door sill kit from them. Good prices. Next day at my doorstep. If you have cash in hand, you can pick them up directly from the warehouse.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY