Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-27-2009, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so...as u guys know...i had the top off for a couple days...and after dinner last night...i went outside and realized it was raining...the whole inside of my jk got wet...wasnt that bad...but...it was pretty wet...so i rushed to put the top back on..and..when i got up this morning...everything was dry..radio worked everything was good...thank god it wasnt that bad...lol...

so...im still waiting for my jk decals that are in the mail..and i also ordered the spray tint stuff for my lights...like for the blinker and stuff...to give it that blacked out touch...not gonna make them that dark tho...oh and i plan to put some LED lights inside...gonna get some red street glow lights and put them inside...not sure where tho...i saw a couple people do it on here and i like it...yuuup...i cant wait to do these lil things so i can at least get a lil away from the stock look..lol...i know i know...compared to u guys...ill always be considered stock...lol...jk

-candise
Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh Candise, that's your name..

I have been thinking about that spray tint stuff. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.
good to hear your JK survived the rain, I think a lot of us has had that happen at least once.

And Seth, those were the directions I used to connect my mirror, blue wire with pink stripe is positive ha ha ha. I'll post up a picture in a few.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

crappy cell phone pic of the mirror.. its too bright outside to get a good pic of the mirror.. maybe the top needs to come down.

the left side of the mirror is actually a screen once its turned on.. displays a back up camera I almost backed over a saturn 2 weeks ago down in Patchogue in front of the "Old Olive Tree", figured I needed a back up camera since my back window is useles with the spare mounted so high
Old 08-27-2009, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah...the name is Candise...lol...everyone calls me Can tho...yuuup....and urs racer? hopefully that sprat tint stuff comes out good...and I'm pretty sure I won't use the whole bottle...so I have some left...and u wanna do it...ill give it to u...ill be the test dumby...lol
Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

Can, the name is Joe.

And which lights you looking to do? side markers? parking lights in grill? tail lights? all of the above?

I was thinking about doing everything except the headlights, but Im kind of on the fence about the tail lights also..

I know, the spray takes away the shine, if you want them to be shiny, pretty sure you need to clear coat them also. Which is easy.

Also,
BBirish = Brendan
Lijeepguy = Chris
Im thinking you know AdamisAdams name and Joey2times names.

You going to the beach this sunday if its open and we go???
Old 08-27-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

well Joe...i plan to do all the above...and i was debating on doing the tail lights and if i get rear ended....i dont want to get screwed and blame it on that..but im probably gonna do a slight tint to that....im also going to try to use just the tint spray and not use clear coat...to give it that flat black...but i may juss do it anyways...

i want to go to the beach...and sunday is my only day off....juss need the stuff...

i dont have a green key...or card...nor do i have the pass...so i would have to get both...plus...the things i need to bring...which im not exactly sure of...gotta look on the sight...so yeah...im still not sure about that...
Old 08-27-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by can10
Yeah...the name is Candise...lol...everyone calls me Can tho...yuuup....and urs racer? hopefully that sprat tint stuff comes out good...and I'm pretty sure I won't use the whole bottle...so I have some left...and u wanna do it...ill give it to u...ill be the test dumby...lol

Depending on the look, you want you may need some clear coat to go with it...
if you got "nightshade" in the chrome looking bottle with that dude from the 80's on it hahahah that stuff works well, be careful though... light light coats and do them progressively.

Over all it comes out good...
on my old jeep I masked out sections with painters tape and then made them pretty much flat black (like almost unseeable)
I got pulled over a few times for it but I would always get the repair tickets for it so it was ok.... (next time I would go much less BLACKED OUT) hahahaha
I dont mean to scare you away from the stuff cus its a sweet look and if you do it right it wont cause you problems (unlike me who did it WAY TOO BLACK)... but trust me when I say, go light on it at first hahaha
My lights looked like they were made of tires and only like 15% of the light got out... thats what got me in trouble...
Old 08-27-2009, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

can i think the law for taillight tint in ny is something like they have to visible from 1000 feet back? i can find out but i think a light tint is ok
Old 08-27-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by can10
well Joe...i plan to do all the above...and i was debating on doing the tail lights and if i get rear ended....i dont want to get screwed and blame it on that..but im probably gonna do a slight tint to that....im also going to try to use just the tint spray and not use clear coat...to give it that flat black...but i may juss do it anyways...

i want to go to the beach...and sunday is my only day off....juss need the stuff...

i dont have a green key...or card...nor do i have the pass...so i would have to get both...plus...the things i need to bring...which im not exactly sure of...gotta look on the sight...so yeah...im still not sure about that...

oh also the greenkey thing... you dont need it and its not really worth it unless you get it early in the season and use it often...

best bet is to run a day pass and be sure to get seasonals next year when the time comes

also I posted a list of the needed gear at smiths point a few pages back (now prob a bunch of pages back) when we were setting up that run...
Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks brendan...thanks to Joe now i know ur name...im def going to go with a light tint...cuz i dont want to make the mistake of makin it too dark...

as for the green key...i think thats what imma do Joey...def get one next year and get the day pass...

i would really like to make it down there this sunday if u guys go...juss so i can finally meet u guys...and finally hit the beach!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY