Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 02-17-2008, 02:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys..........I'll be taking my rig to long island this spring and summer fishing on the beach with 4x4 permit. Gilgo , Robert Moses etc. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if I need to worry about the salt rusting out my jeep. If so what should I do to protect it ?
Old 02-17-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rusted Jeep

Originally Posted by clubber
Hey guys..........I'll be taking my rig to long island this spring and summer fishing on the beach with 4x4 permit. Gilgo , Robert Moses etc. Was wondering if anyone could tell me if I need to worry about the salt rusting out my jeep. If so what should I do to protect it ?
I live across the street from salt water and don't have any problems with rust. The old CJ's were rust canidates but ever since the YJ came out the rust problems have mostly vanished. (Exeption is the YJ windshield frame) LOL. Just hose it down good after every beach excursion and you'll be good to go.

Bob C.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rausch Creek Run 2/23 Saturday

Long Island Off Road has their monthly ride next Saturday to Rausch Creek in Pa. on 2/23.

It looks like one of the RockKrawler Suspension rigs might tag along. Not sure yet? Open to all types of rigs. I'm taking my TJ.

Anyone interested in going, respond or call my cell. I don't mind if you just show up but without a head count prior to going you might end up on a harder trail then you like. This ride is a go. Rain or shine or snow or ice. We already have enough definites to run. If we do break into two groups I will probably run my JK. It's warmer. LOL

We will meet in the morning at the registration area. I will be up there Friday night staying at a local hotel. I will make reservations today.

Bob Coco
516 903-0011
Old 02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Hello Long Island! Good to see so many people on this thread. And I hope to bump into you guys as soon as I get into that JK.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bob Coco
Long Island Off Road has their monthly ride next Saturday to Rausch Creek in Pa. on 2/23.

It looks like one of the RockKrawler Suspension rigs might tag along. Not sure yet? Open to all types of rigs. I'm taking my TJ.

Anyone interested in going, respond or call my cell. I don't mind if you just show up but without a head count prior to going you might end up on a harder trail then you like. This ride is a go. Rain or shine or snow or ice. We already have enough definites to run. If we do break into two groups I will probably run my JK. It's warmer. LOL

We will meet in the morning at the registration area. I will be up there Friday night staying at a local hotel. I will make reservations today.

Bob Coco
516 903-0011
Any pictures from Sat 2-23-08?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bud90
Any pictures from Sat 2-23-08?
I'm waiting for my friend to send them. There weren't any JK's though. I decided to run my TJ due to the inclement weather. Good thing too. I would have done alot of damage to the JK. I was in 4 feet of water after I fell through the ice. We only had 4 rigs show up. A YJ, XJ and 2 TJ's. All in all we had a great day. We ran 1 black trail, the blue/black trail, On the map it's purple and the rest of the trails were blues. The second TJ was running open diffs. There was alot of sliding going on. Part of the powerline was a sheet of ice. It took a running start and 6th gear to get though parts. LOL We actually bailed because the YJ couldn't make it up. He broke something in the rear axle. The mud holes were deep. I got through all of them with out pulling cable except for the Frog Hole. There was a 2" layer of ice that I broke through and once I was in the middle, I couldn't push all the ice out of the way. Gotta love the Warn 9500. You can keep all of those other winches. As soon as I get the pics I'll try to post them. I have tried before to post pics here but they are always too big and rejected.

Bob C.
Tread Lightly Master trainer

Last edited by Bob Coco; 02-26-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys I would like to introduce my self, Tommy G from the Oyster Bay area farely to the sight. I was wondering if there is a nice Jeep club on Long Island and if there isn't try to start one. Maybe even do a little meet and great in a nuetral area to go to know the fellow long island Jeepers. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Another LIer...

Good morning everyone. My name is Pete and I am new to this JK forum and I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I read all the posts in this thread to catch up, so now I feel I am ready to join the conversation.

I grew up in West Hempstead and lived in Lynbrook for the past few years. Having just gotten married in October, I moved me to Brooklyn recently (for now we are coming back to LI with 2 years). I had a Black '88 YJ which I sold in '99 and I haven't been the same since. After years of telling my new wife that I had the hottest Jeep on the road, it came down to me buying a new car (leasing doesn't work for those who drive as much as I do) and there was only one choice for me.

I am picking up a slightly used '07 Bright Silver Sahara Unlimited on wednesday. I haven't been able to sleep the past few days because I am so excited. This forum is great to see all the mods out there that I can't wait to do. I already ordered a black fuel door and I have been thinking what else I can pick up asap.

Looking forward to throwing up some pics as soon as I pick her up.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Hey petenice15! I lived in BK till 1999 then moved to lynbrook, where I live w my bf Dan (Breogan on jk forum). haha

Congrates on the Sahara Unlimited! Where'd you get her from? We were thinking about getting a rubi but now we are leaning to a X Unlimited or Sahara. Just looking for the best deal right now. Cant wait. haha
Old 03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Welcome all the new users. Very happy to see you guys subscribling to this thread. When I started it a little over a year ago it was very lonley. 28 pages later...

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY