Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-23-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by deekum1627
where did you guys have your gear installed
driveways.

Seriously, if doing a modest suspension lift any private shop can handle it. as can any moderately skilled DIY'r. there are lift parties periodically to get and give help. that's what a bunch of us did.
shops around include RMS Off road in bohemia and a fre others.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rms off road is the best but im goin to do the lift my self in the jeep i had richie do my dodge durango. but for gears im not goin to do that, i know richie does that too but is there any other good shop that does gears
Old 08-23-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

deekum, If I do gears, either im going to have ok4wd in NJ do them, or the dealership I bought my JK from (Storms, in Southampton).. but right now, after having 35's, gears are pretty low on my list.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey racer how do you like you cragers? cause i think i am going to pick up a set. B.c i have 33x12.50x15 bfg Mud-terrians on my suburban i am trying to sell and they're almost brand new so i wanna keep them.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

drewsjk-cragars are always a good choice theyre 40$ a rim hahaha

SOoooo are the beaches open yet??

Edit: I was just informed by matt666 that both sore thumb and gilgo are open

Last edited by BBirish; 08-24-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey guys...soo...since there isnt much rain in the forecast until thursday(always changes tho)...i was planning on getting my baby washed...super dirty and needs it bad....since ive had my jk ive only washed it myself...cuz i dont usually like taking it to places cuz i dont want them to scratch the paint and what not....but this time...i need to get it done..even if i washed it myself over and over again it wont do any good...esp cuz black is crazy color to clean...so yeah...do u guys know of any good places to get a good car wash/spray wax job???...i also need the inside cleaned and what not...im in selden..so anything close would be great...what do u guys think????

thanks!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

ohhh...i forgot...sooo i was driving to work this morning...and noticed when i put my blinker on....signaling to the left....it was blinking super fasst....i checked out my outside lights....and my front is still on blinking faster than normal and my rear blinker is off...how can i change my light?...should i get it done at a shop or can i do it myself?...what kind of light?....thankS!!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by can10
ohhh...i forgot...sooo i was driving to work this morning...and noticed when i put my blinker on....signaling to the left....it was blinking super fasst....i checked out my outside lights....and my front is still on blinking faster than normal and my rear blinker is off...how can i change my light?...should i get it done at a shop or can i do it myself?...what kind of light?....thankS!!!!!
the bulb is just out easy fix you can get the bulb from the parts dept at the dealer
Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to autozone, they will change it for you.. or if you want to do it yourself all you need is a phillips screwdriver and remove the two screws towards the inside of the light houseing. it will come right off.

as far as the car wash goes, theres one in centereach that has always been good to me... its right by the powerlines (Middle country Rd and horseblock rd) Island Car wash
if you go before 8AM or after I think 7PM its only $5 for the exterior.

And Can, I bet you that you can do a better job than the carwash can
Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

hey guys...soo...since there isnt much rain in the forecast until thursday(always changes tho)...i was planning on getting my baby washed...super dirty and needs it bad....since ive had my jk ive only washed it myself...cuz i dont usually like taking it to places cuz i dont want them to scratch the paint and what not....but this time...i need to get it done..even if i washed it myself over and over again it wont do any good...esp cuz black is crazy color to clean...so yeah...do u guys know of any good places to get a good car wash/spray wax job???...i also need the inside cleaned and what not...im in selden..so anything close would be great...what do u guys think????

thanks!
just wash it yourself, ive never brought my jk to a car wash they never do a perfect job

Your bulb is out, you can get it at the parts dept at the stealership

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY