Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aphazia
Bob, count me as interested for sure. Do you have a time frame and meeting place?

I have to make my game up there, but I can probably show up late for it or leave early from it, would love to get out with a bunch of experienced folks for a real trail ride and meet the LI offroad crew.
We are meeting at 9 AM. There's a reast area/ park and ride in Mass. on route 8 as soon as you cross into the state from Conn. Do you have a name? I would rather not call you aphazia.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redvelvetroses
Hey there. Im Victoria. We are in LI too. Just thought I would hop in and say hi. Dont have a jeep yet but it should only be a few more weeks.
Hi Victoria, Welcome to the Jeep community. Is this your first Jeep? And if so why a Rubicon? Just curious.

Bob C.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bob Coco
Hi Victoria, Welcome to the Jeep community. Is this your first Jeep? And if so why a Rubicon? Just curious.

Bob C.
Yeah it will be the 1st jeep for me and my fiance Dan. My family has had jeeps as far back as I can remember. His family has had a few as well. We were looking at the X and Sahara too. We are so far going w/ the Rubi bc we like to be able to do things and not wish "wow I really wish I had that..." ya know. I know we will start off with small trails and work out way up, but for us its better to start w the rubi and upgrade that as we see fit. Dan also has a busy work schedule, so the less we have to do to any jeep, the more time we have to play. Nothing is set in stone yet but we are leaning to the Rubi. No matter what type of jeep we get, well have one in the next few weeks. We have a road trip coming up and would like to have it for the drive.

Ohh yeah. Thanx for the welcome.

I saw your a part of the LIOR club. Right? We were looking at your site. Seems like a fun time. Dont think well be able to make it to any meetings bc Dan has class on Tues. But we have time to figure all that out.

Last edited by redvelvetroses; 01-22-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob Coco
We are meeting at 9 AM. There's a reast area/ park and ride in Mass. on route 8 as soon as you cross into the state from Conn. Do you have a name? I would rather not call you aphazia.
Anton would be the name.

How much time will you guys be spending out on the trail? I would almost certainly need to cut and run early to make my game in Tolland, but again, would like to make the meet up for at least a little while and meet some folks!

I know the park and ride, near Villa Mia pizza (delicious) right? There's also a phenomenal bed and breakfast that has the most amazing food around just north a bit more where 8 curves to the left after 54. Worth investigating for dinner, trust me.

Perhaps I will try to give you a ring at some point today if I get a few minutes free at work, just to touch base.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default January 26th Trail ride cancelled!

Hey guys,

Do to the lack of participants I'm cancelling this run. I had one truck and a maybe besides myself. I don't feel like driving to Mass. to go out with only 2 rigs. Next month there are two trail rides, One to Rausch Creek and the other to the Mass. area for a snow run. Both of these runs require tow hooks and straps and atleast an aggressive tire tread. The only reason I was doing this ride was to get new guys out with stock rigs.

Thanks, Bob C.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

hey guys, got some pics on my-project JK,
more to come, check it out
yes i got a little stuck, but i had a blast, 1st real off roading with the rubi, this thing is awesome!!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Been quiet here for a few days. Was there an informal run this morning... any pics?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

joe it was good to meet u

i havent fixed the flare yet, i am on my way to the deaership tommorow, probably gonna be bout $100 but it was worth it..

i'm not gonna make it to the 2/10 run, wish i could though
Old 02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

I MySpaced you Joe, Dimitri is the name. Is that Pine Barrons run stock friendly? I mean BONE stock...
Old 02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Junkie

Just wanted to let people know that the LIOR Association is a VERY nice club to join if you want to wheel LEGALLY and visit new places and states to wheel in. Very nice crowd and very welcoming.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY