Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok boys and girls, Im going to take a ride out to Smith Point, see how the waves are doing.. Ill be back later.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Well, I'm 42. Sounds like I'm the 2nd oldest. But I've got my hair, my teeth and am thin! And I can wheel, wrench and hang with all crowds, young, old, beer from a can or Grey Goose and Cranberry alike. My hobbies and my career keep my circles wide and diverse! I'd have it no other way. I LOVE people!
GREY GOOSE AND CRANBERRY!...lol...way to go!...altho im on that patron...silver...hmmm i love it
Old 08-21-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
hair dryer and a fingernail works wonders.
ok cool...ill try when i get my new jk decals in the mail!
Old 08-21-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the compliment racer , your ok in my book
Old 08-21-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by can10
LOL...ummm....considering im in the "long island, Ny" thread...idk if i should say this... but...I LOVE CALI...in my eyes...nothing can come close to cali...i mean i was raised there....lived there all my life...so yeah..NY is cool...not bad....i love NYC tho....if i could...i love live there instead of the island...but..i think my JK and the beaches will give me no choice but to start enjoyin the island and what not...

have u been to LA?

Shhhhh dont tell anyone but I love Cali toooo hahahaha

I had a beach house on Huntington beach for a month a few summers ago and I never wanted to leaveeee.

I got cousins in Temecula? (spelling)
Friends in LA - I loveee LA hahaha
Been to burbank (not really into burbank)
Family in San Fran and also in San Diego n Long beach too

ughh now your making me miss cali :( jerk! hahahaha
Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol...I won't tell anyone...its funny...ever since I've moved...people in NY ask me...why did u move out here????...everyone here wants to go to LA and everyone in LA wants to be here...its weird...yeah...I used to live in carson...aka...the ghetto...lol...nothing like this mastic punk ass shit here...(No offense to anyone from or live there...people think they are "gangsters" and what not...when they really have no idea). lol...sorry excuse my language...but yuuuup....carson is right next to Long Beach...temecula is super hot...I've been there once...not too far...and yeah...huntington beach is amazing!...I love it...beaches there are awesome!...wish I had my JK there...I would never have my top and doors on...lol...
Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, when visiting my family in Long Beach and driving their BMW convertible around I saw that I was right in thinking I'M ON THE WRONG COAST!!! (at least for a car person)
Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Angry starting an OLD AGED JEEP GROUP !!!!!!! Who is in?

I am 37 ---> but "ROCK IT" like I am 36. haha

Is Smiths Point open to buy passes on Sundays ?
I have never been off the normal roads of Nassau County.
Is the Point a good place for me to start ?

Peace.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Smith's Point is really nice. Yes, you can buy a day pass ($30 or $40) or season pass ($90 with Suffolk Green Key Card) any time there as I recall.
More info can be found here:
http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Home/...ty%20Park.aspx
(I think I can post this direct link since it's not Jeep or vendor related. I hope.)

You should be able to find the info there on what you need to carry. But at a minimum, grab yourself a small shovel from a hardware store and keep that with you. I have an old military shovel that folds. It's great AND SMALL! I believe you are supposed to also carry an air pump (but air is available there) and a board to put your jack on should you need it.

For Robert Moses area, you need your own air hose to plug in to their air lines at the trail head of Democratic Point.

Also, at the Robert Moses beaches, has anyone ever even been asked to show their passes? I never have. And I carry my fishing pole, small tackle box with fake bait, and a 5 gal bucket. so I'm always prepared for there too.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Yes, when visiting my family in Long Beach and driving their BMW convertible around I saw that I was right in thinking I'M ON THE WRONG COAST!!! (at least for a car person)
im DEF on the WRONG Coast....hey adam....how do u like the orange jk?...i bet u get a lot of looks...i saw one yesterday on sunrise highway...with chrome rims....chrome grill...and chrome bumper...idk...

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY