Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-21-2009, 02:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish

SATURDAY, AUGUST 22,2009
11:00 AM at the beach 10:30 IF YOU ARE MEETING UP BY THE GAS STATION NEAR ROBERT MOSES
CB CHANNEL 19
Thanks for including me, though it's too short on notice and I am too short on experience on the sand..

I haven't been on anything but dirt, yet, and need to bone up on off-road skills.

I live in ten minutes from the causeway. Which gas station are you meeting at? I might stop by before you guys leave just to introduce myself, but I have a gig in the afternoon so can't drive out to the beach.

I am a certified financial planner by day..I manage an office in Woodbury. My real gig and passion is as a pro-photographer and I have a shoot out east tomorrow afternoon.

I'll connect with you guys for sure.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea BB I think your right. If you don have a state pass, you gotta wait til next year.

Smith point pass on the other hand is available year round and they sell day passes.. Geeze smith point is sounding better N better every day
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MMarz
... and I am too short on experience on the sand..

I haven't been on anything but dirt, yet, and need to bone up on off-road skills.
Nah. Sand is easy to learn. Especially if you are with others that can give you a quick tug should you mess up.
Sand: air down. Drive in others' tracks if possible, let the Jeep drift/wander. Don't drive into the ocean. (and now I learned yesterday to not lock the lockers )

Originally Posted by MMarz
I am a certified financial planner by day..I manage an office in Woodbury.
What office? I'm a Group insurance broker.
pilotbenefits.com or holtzbenefits.com

Feel free to check it out. Perhaps I can help you depending on your area of expertise. Might be worth a cup of jo at least.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times

ok, hold the phone. I'm looking at these two pictures and have a very, VERY important question that was clearly not explained when you posted these pics:

Q) Are you telling me that we have a JK member here who owns a flat bed?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

mannn...really wish i could make it....this would be perfect for me for the first time on the beach....esp with u guys....ehhh!....i have to work tomorrow...which really sucks!...i live in selden so smiths point would be perfect too...sorry i cant make it guys!...im down for the next trip tho!

hmmm....not that this matters...noticed u guys talkin about this..but...how old are u guys on here?...im 20...yeah....a TRUE YOUNGSTER...lol...i dont really notice a lot of young people driving jks on the island....older jeeps but not jks....i wonder why?!...i LOVE MINE!

anyways...hope u guys have tons of fun...
Old 08-21-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

I think Adam has been married too long.

and Can10, most of us are in our early 20's (holy crap im almost 26)
BB I think is younger than you.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ohh yeah...I ordered my jk decals in black yesterday! I didn't want white or anything else so I got black...hopefully black on black looks ok! I guess we will see...I do want to eventually take the sahara sticker off too
Old 08-21-2009, 05:33 AM
JK Junkie

can, i removed my OEM Sahara stickers and got new ones

black and grey instead of the tan

Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

well at least one of us is older than the rest of you , but im still cool at 42 , ask bb , and racer i am cool , no really , ok im just an old fart
Old 08-21-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

LIJeepGuy is one of the coolest guys I know

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY