Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
Dude that post is too long to read
The short of it....

I say that we set up a trip out the Smiths Point on Saturday the 22nd.
We can all meet there or all meet up prior and drive there in a big caravan...
If we are going to meet somewhere before hand I say we meet up that we set a point of the 7-11 off of exit 68 just south of the LIE... its on the right hand side across from a gas station and its pretty big of a parking lot so we should be ok meeting there... also people can get drinks of all sorts and snacks for the beach...

Fee's 30$ for a day pass if you have a green key card and are a resident of suffolk and 40$ if you have no green key or are not a resident...

I highlighted what is needed on your rig below... I was told... "we dont check every truck but you pretty much want this stuff there...
I think if we all have most of this we should be good to go....

All vehicles must carry the following equipment: jack, jackboard, shovel, rope, chain or snap line, fire extinguisher, spare tire, tire gauge, flashlight, first aid kit, and a portable air compressor or air tank.

**** if everyone is cool with this Idea Reply to this post like we do with all the Trail Rides **** just copy the List of who's in and who's maybe and keep it going and I will do the PM'ing to get numbers and stuff so that everyone is in the loop and so on.

100% going Saturday Aug 22 to Smiths Point.

1. Joey2times = Joe = 09 4door rubi + possible friends

Maybe will make it Saturday Aug 22 to Smiths Point.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still too long.....

Nah, just kidding. I'm working Saturday. If you all plan on being there past 4 I'll head over.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

Also if you all have CB's keep them tuned to none other than 19 for the run.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

X2 that was way too long hahah ill admit i stopped reading half way through hahah

Last edited by BBirish; 08-19-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

Just a suggestion... It's not the beach but, my buddy is having the grand opening for his brewery on the 22nd, Greenport Harbor Brewery. It's in Greenport (obviously) and should be a lot of fun for all. Support Local!

http://www.harborbrewing.com/
Old 08-19-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty far out east for some. Also, much more rules and they're enforced more than at Sore Thumb. What about Sore Thumb? it's bigger I believe. LOTS of places to park and even trails to play on. How many have passes there? I was just there this week.

also, what time are we talking?

I'm a definite maybe either way. I'd just prefer Sore Thumb (Robert Moses). You are supposed to bring a fishing pole for each adult and a tackle box and a bucket. I have extra poles and I'm sure a bunch of people do. Most people out there just stick the poles in the sand in a 2' piece of PVC and then enjoy the beach.

AdamIsAdam = Adam = 2009 Orange JKU (+ 2 kids)

At Smith's Point, you have to park away from water and that's it. Sore Thumb and Democratic Point you can play, like this:

Old 08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Im with adam I vote for sore thumb, its my favorite beach but I cannot say completely I guess because I've never been to smiths point. But i'd rather go to a beach that I already have the pass for.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

If it's sore thumb, I won't be making it. Working til 4, don't have a pass for there, and I won't be fishing or even have the gear..

Let me know. I will prob head out to smith point either way.. My girl friend has another batchelorete party and I'm not staying home.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, like I said, don't worry about the fishing gear as I'm sure we can bring enough poles for all. But I'm ok with a vote. I'd prefer Sore Thumb as I have the pass for it and it's closer, but I'll do either. Having been to both, I think a JK gathering will be more fun on a beach with virtually no rules in terms of where you can drive and park.

But like I said, I'd do either and am open to a vote. Mine is for Sore Thumb.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

well looks like things are kinda split up then heh....

So much for my attempt !! hahahhaa

To be honest I am down for either but from what I have heard smiths point is kinda free reign to mess around and go out there just for fun, beers music going in the water and hanging out all while being able to drive around....

I havent been out to a single beach yet in my jeep which is sad :(

I am pretty much down for anything but I didn't think that sore thumb was happy to have people just wheeling and not actually fishing... I also heard that people who do go there just to fish get pissed dealing with people who go there just for fun... swim in the water... drink and get tan... hahaha

I mean if enough people wana take trips to both places we can do both...
Has anyone been to smiths and can run down whats up with it ??

So far:
100% down for going Saturday Aug 22 to Smiths Point.

1. Joey2times = Joe = 09 4door rubi + possible friends

Maybe will make it Saturday Aug 22 to Smiths Point.
1. AdamIsAdam = Adam = 2009 Orange JKU (+ 2 kids)
2. racer83l

100% down for going Saturday Aug 22 to Sore Thumb at RM
1. BBirish
2. AdamIsAdam = Adam = 2009 Orange JKU (+2 kids)

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY