Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I took a pretty good hit on my tie rod and steering stabilizer. Luckily no serious damage just a little scraping and dent on the ss. I'll be ordering the wood ss flip bracket asap

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	28775
Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea,I like my SS reloation bracket. I can see how much that $30 part helps!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Long Island Meet and Greet

So summer is winding down, how about a Long Island meet and greet on one of the beaches? Any thoughts? When are you guys available? What beach is your favorite?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smith Point!!! by far the best beach on long island to put the JK in 4x4!!.....

And Im down to go anyday!! only think at that beach, if you dont have a yearly pass, a day pass is like $35, but even at that, it is worth it in my opinion. the beach also welcomes day trippers (BBQ, swimming etc)
Old 08-19-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
Smith Point!!! by far the best beach on long island to put the JK in 4x4!!.....

And Im down to go anyday!! only think at that beach, if you dont have a yearly pass, a day pass is like $35, but even at that, it is worth it in my opinion. the beach also welcomes day trippers (BBQ, swimming etc)

I have passes to RM and stuff... never used em all summer :( I know what a bum I am !!!

I would def do smiths too and pay for a day pass or whatever...
**just gotta make sure the beach is open what day we plan it...**

WHO's down for Saturday ?? or Sunday ???
or we wana make this a week or so later ?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd like to get out to smiths point ive never been on that beach.

So smiths point, any objections?... and im available whenever

Who's in?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Only 35 a day...what else do U need...I heard there is a list of things u need to bring...I've always wanted to go....my gf keeps bugging me about it too!...let me know u guys!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

im pretty sure you dont need all the fishing stuff for smiths point. Racer would know.

Whens the best time for you guys to go? This weekend? next weekend? even later?

Last edited by BBirish; 08-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Alright I will play team captain hahaha...

Soooo I figure the best way to get everyone to make this happen is to plan it out fully....

I say that we set up a trip out the Smiths Point on Saturday the 22nd.
We can all meet there or all meet up prior and drive there in a big caravan...
If we are going to meet somewhere before hand I say we meet somewhere pretty open and clear for a trip out...

The best way to get there is to hit LIE to exit 68... if people want to just show up on the beach and try to all find each other that's fine but I am thinking we should all get together pre-beach and roll up as one caravan of JK's

I would suggest if people are down to meet up that we set a point of the 7-11 off of exit 68 just south of the LIE... its on the right hand side across from a gas station and its pretty big of a parking lot so we should be ok meeting there... also people can get drinks of all sorts and snacks for the beach...

Fee's that I got confrimed calling them are at 30$ for a day pass if you have a green key card and are a resident of suffolk and 40$ if you have no green key or are not a suffolk resident...

I highlighted what is needed on your rig below... I was told... "we dont check every truck but you pretty much want this stuff there...
I am missing a few parts of that list and I will try to get as much as I can but I dont think I am going to be having onboard air by this weekend hahahah
I think if we all have most of this we should be good to go....

I also sugest that we meet early as this is first come first serve for passes...
beach opens at 6am and closes at 10pm unless were truely fishing then we can stay later... they seem REALLY laid back about doing anything you want and having fun all day long... but they say it gets crowded for sure if its nice out...

RULES from the website:
Suffolk County Residents must have a valid Suffolk County Parks Green Key card and carry it with them while utilizing Suffolk County Parks or Beaches, or tourist rates will apply.

Vehicles must have a valid recreational vehicle use permit affixed to the driver’s side front bumper, or entry will be denied.

All vehicles must carry the following equipment: jack, jackboard, shovel, rope, chain or snap line, fire extinguisher, spare tire, tire gauge, flashlight, first aid kit, and a portable air compressor or air tank.

Only marked cuts, roads, entrances and exits are to be used. No driving on dunes, swails or vegetation.

Driving in bird nesting areas is prohibited. Check with park personnel for updates.

Speed limit – 10 MPH Strictly enforced.

Each trailer must have own tow vehicle and upon check-in must provide an emergency phone number where owner can be reached in case of an emergency.

All vehicle passengers must wear seatbelts.

All garbage to be placed in receptacles at Outer Beach entrance. No dumping, burning, or burying of trash is permitted.

All vehicles (including campers) must park perpendicular to dune line at least 10’ from toe of the dune facing the water.
Ruts and holes caused by stuck vehicle must be filled in and debris removed.

Permits will be revoked for violations.

All park camping rules for inland parks also apply.

**** if everyone is cool with this Idea Reply to this post like we do with all the Trail Rides **** just copy the List of who's in and who's maybe and keep it going and I will do the PM'ing to get numbers and stuff so that everyone is in the loop and so on.

100% going Saturday Aug 22 to Smiths Point.

1. Joey2times = Joe = 09 4door rubi + possible friends

Maybe will make it Saturday Aug 22 to Smiths Point.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude that post is too long to read

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY