Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
absolutely! Plus, you can see how much your mods improve things!
....and after the first trip you will realize exactly what you need
Old 08-10-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by can10
so is that not a good place to go...i havent been there or heard about it before...but idk...

yeah soo....i really like ur jeep...it looks super bad ass...

and yeah...idk about taking my STOCK jeep to pa...i mean..im sure its capable...but...im not sure about that...i bet its a lot of fun....i really wanted to get a pass to take it to smiths point...on the beach..but i think its too late to get one so i might have to wait till next year!
Thank you kindly!! And I brought mine to Rausch 2x stock. I had a really good time. You should try and make the JK fest trip in the beginnig of October. I'll be there running with the stock Jeeps.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone going to be interested in 4(or5) sahara wheels?I will be taking them off and putting on 33s. Hopefully soon Pm if your interested
Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

well just went and picked my jeep up after having a huge argument with the service department. my jeep was in the shop for the clutch making noise and the noise going away when i pushed the clutch down. im thinking its the clutch disk or something they call me up and tell me i have metal shavings in my rear i said yea i know i did a gear swap and did not change the fluid yet. they then tell me thats the problem and it's not the tranny. i went for a ride with the service manager who confirmed it's the tranny. i never signed off on them opening up my diff case and not my rear axle seal is leaking and they are telling me it's not covered under warranty. im going to file a complaint with Chrysler and im taking ALL of my business away from them i sent about 8 people there to get cars got my jeep there my girls jeep 2 friends went there to get vehicles. this is why american car companies SUCK. they are just LAZY and don't want to fix the transmission. so now im going to Huntington jeep. someone i work with knows one the the mechanics there and says they will look at it. stay away from the jeep dealer ship in greenvail.the mechanics don't even know what they are doing there. the first time the mechanic went for a ride in my jeep he did not even hear the noise. i had to go with the service manager. so now they are in for a surprise when i talk to the owner today and give him a piece of my mind. esp now that my rear axle seal is leaking now and it was not before. Im pissed. just had to vent, ill keep everyone posted on the out come
Old 08-12-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That sux. Be careful at Huntington too. They're very nice and accomodating, but they will NOT give you one bit of lattitude on warranty work if they think it was "damaged" from off roading or due to lift. I'm still hopefull they'll be there for me when I need them. And so far they've really helped me out a few times by getting my jeep in ASAP when my ABS wiring was causing problems (it was rubbing on the tire and wore through the wire after we did the lift, which still seems odd, but whatever).

I bring my Jeep there for all oil changes. they do them cheaply and every other one for free. I'm hoping to be loyal to them in hopes of them taking care of me should I need it. I bought the lifetime B2B warranty, so relationship is key.

Good luck! And do tell us how this works out.

PS I can't get a decent seal on my rear after installing the Warn diff guard.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Super Freak

man that sucks, these dealers really are so lazy they love to see a modified vehicle so they can just blame it on that Anyway.... I'm pumped for the topless for tata's event at rausch on saturday
Old 08-12-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
That sux. Be careful at Huntington too. They're very nice and accomodating, but they will NOT give you one bit of lattitude on warranty work if they think it was "damaged" from off roading or due to lift. I'm still hopefull they'll be there for me when I need them. And so far they've really helped me out a few times by getting my jeep in ASAP when my ABS wiring was causing problems (it was rubbing on the tire and wore through the wire after we did the lift, which still seems odd, but whatever).

I bring my Jeep there for all oil changes. they do them cheaply and every other one for free. I'm hoping to be loyal to them in hopes of them taking care of me should I need it. I bought the lifetime B2B warranty, so relationship is key.

Good luck! And do tell us how this works out.

PS I can't get a decent seal on my rear after installing the Warn diff guard.

So far I can say the same with huntington Jeep.
Went to RC and nuked my radiator fan, they swapped it out for free and also did oil change for free...
Hydrolocked my motor... they wouldnt cover it but did shave some $$ off the cost and now they are going to do my oil for free again and check all my fluids again 1000 miles later for free...
so thats pretty cool.
They told me no issues with the lift or tires, but thats because nothing has gone wrong with it yet...

Also they have been cool with pretty much everything else.

Again good luck man...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea so, trashed my stocker shaft...

Now, my shaft is a Woody..
Old 08-13-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
yea so, trashed my stocker shaft...

Now, my shaft is a Woody..
Very nice joe. Now we can put it to use on saturday!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

ummmmm ????

WHATS SATURDAY !?!?!?

jesus I am soooo out of the loooop !!!

Someone Kick me a bone here people!!!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY