Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 08-09-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know if i put on a 2.5 tf bb, will it void my warrenty??
Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

it should not void the warrenty , but that being said , the dealer can void any part they feel fail due to the lift , balljoints control arms ... ect most dealers will work with you their bread and butter is the waranty jobs
Old 08-09-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BB,
I was there friday. But not near my car. Did you see my Verdoro Green 68 Lemans ragtop parked? I was with 2 buddies and 7 kids! we had our hands full. LOL
Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey racer831....i was at the wendys across the street from ur job and saw ur jeep outside...first time i noticed it there...crazy cuz i live like right down the street...i was with my bro...got kinda excited cuz i was like heyyy...that guy is on the JK FORUM....lol...my bro didnt understand...

but yeah..headed out to cedar beach for a bit...on the way back...on 112...noticed a big dirt field...sooo i decided to go "off roading" a bit...i was sooo afraid to get caught...but it was super fun...i had to put it in 4 wheel drive cuz i could feel it slipping at times....we went in the back part away from the main street and noticed like 4 quads and a couple guys hiding in the back...i said hi...they probably thought i was crazy taking my jeep like that....i took a pic..ill post on my lunch break today....anyways..yeah overall it was a good weekend....besides my sis getting her wallet stolen out of her car that was parked in the driveway over night....ehhh...
Old 08-10-2009, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by can10
hey racer831....i was at the wendys across the street from ur job and saw ur jeep outside...first time i noticed it there...crazy cuz i live like right down the street...i was with my bro...got kinda excited cuz i was like heyyy...that guy is on the JK FORUM....lol...my bro didnt understand...

but yeah..headed out to cedar beach for a bit...on the way back...on 112...noticed a big dirt field...sooo i decided to go "off roading" a bit...i was sooo afraid to get caught...but it was super fun...i had to put it in 4 wheel drive cuz i could feel it slipping at times....we went in the back part away from the main street and noticed like 4 quads and a couple guys hiding in the back...i said hi...they probably thought i was crazy taking my jeep like that....i took a pic..ill post on my lunch break today....anyways..yeah overall it was a good weekend....besides my sis getting her wallet stolen out of her car that was parked in the driveway over night....ehhh...
lol yea, I have worked there for 9 years.. have had the Jeep since 10/07.
Id be careful about going off road on 112 where you went... and Id be even more careful about talking about it on here...

On lighter note, I hope you had a good time. do you plan on ever bringing your jeep real offroading? Like in PA (Rausch Creek)
That sucks about your sisters wallet, ever since the 6th precinct moved in here it hasnt been the same
Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Junkie

I was on sore thumb beach yesterday. Saw a few nice JK's. One black Sahara with black rims and big tires was nice. A few others. I was the guy in the Orange JK flying the kite with my son. :~D
Old 08-10-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
lol yea, I have worked there for 9 years.. have had the Jeep since 10/07.
Id be careful about going off road on 112 where you went... and Id be even more careful about talking about it on here...

On lighter note, I hope you had a good time. do you plan on ever bringing your jeep real offroading? Like in PA (Rausch Creek)
That sucks about your sisters wallet, ever since the 6th precinct moved in here it hasnt been the same
so is that not a good place to go...i havent been there or heard about it before...but idk...

yeah soo....i really like ur jeep...it looks super bad ass...

and yeah...idk about taking my STOCK jeep to pa...i mean..im sure its capable...but...im not sure about that...i bet its a lot of fun....i really wanted to get a pass to take it to smiths point...on the beach..but i think its too late to get one so i might have to wait till next year!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by can10
so is that not a good place to go...i havent been there or heard about it before...but idk...

yeah soo....i really like ur jeep...it looks super bad ass...

and yeah...idk about taking my STOCK jeep to pa...i mean..im sure its capable...but...im not sure about that...i bet its a lot of fun....i really wanted to get a pass to take it to smiths point...on the beach..but i think its too late to get one so i might have to wait till next year!

I ran stock at RC... I think it was within the first month I had her too hahaha you take some pot shots if you push it but to be honest I was impressed with waht she could do... (I didnt disconnect at all on the trail either and I prob should have but I didnt really know what I was doing hahaha I didnt even use my lockers at all... and spend most of the time in 4-high)

We could set up a less intense wheeling session sometime soon... I know a bunch of the LI guys are itching for a expedition.. I know some places too that are not too bad to go through (and are FAR LESS Exposed then 112)

Smiths point I think you can get a pass anytime, I havent gone out that way yet but when I do I will try to get a pass (I think you can get a pass at any time...) its the State parks pass that has a limit on when you can get it
Old 08-10-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Can10, you would have so much fun at rausch with a stock jeep. I brought my stock x there 2 TIMES when it had the 16" steelies and 225 street tires (29" diameter) and had a blast. The sahara wheels are 32s so its be even easier. I think wheeling stock is a very good thing because you learn how to take the right lines!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
Can10, you would have so much fun at rausch with a stock jeep. I brought my stock x there 2 TIMES when it had the 16" steelies and 225 street tires (29" diameter) and had a blast. The sahara wheels are 32s so its be even easier. I think wheeling stock is a very good thing because you learn how to take the right lines!
absolutely! Plus, you can see how much your mods improve things!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY