Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted on all the hoops for that pass, Dog! It'll make my and my buddy's life a little easier when we go grab ours!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Cool cool. Definitely up for it, just let me know what day and what time, definitely be there.

I'm loving it out here, used to grow up in Texas so I'm used to the suburban life. Quiter, calmer, better people, the whole nine. Work in the city, general contracting and construction, but other than that, unwind at the end of the day out here.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDog218
Well welcome to the family. Any Suffolk County park I think but I am not sure I will let you know when I go for mine. Where you getting your Jeep from ?
Now that's a salesman!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Getting it from Brown's Jeep in Patchogue. $19,683 plus tax and fees. 2008 X 6-speed no package except A/C. Let me know if you can do better!! :oP
Old 01-15-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Junkie

Yup, $20,215. Maybe since my parents are getting a new Patriot, he flexed a little. Took it down to $200 over invoice, supposedly. Came out to $19,683.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

I see. I just drove into my driveway a few minutes ago. I'm in love with this vehicle. Had a few Jeeps in the past, never a Wrangler. I can't wait for the upgrade bug to start itching.

What's the update with the weekend beach access?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Dog....don't forget you get the outer beach pass at 1/2 price with your FD ID. Not sure about the green key but deff the outer beach pass...that saves some coin
Old 01-17-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I asked a friend of mine who is in the EQFD and he said just go down to any of the county park's and tell them you want a green card. Then ask to purchase the outer beach pass. They will issue a temp green card until the 3yr deal comes in the mail.

So everybody make a point in the next week to stop and get one!

Dog, I think by next weekend we could get a head count of who has their beach passes and it will make it easier for you to organize a weekend round-up. What do you think?

I will go to Cedar Point County Park this weekend and get mine.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Wheeling trip.

Originally Posted by TheDog218
Bob that is the point of this. I am trying to put a group together to go wheelin legally. If you would like to join us you are more then welcome. The beach and the PA trip I am trying to put together. This is also why I have suggested that you guys join Long Island Off Road Club as well.
Hey Guys, There's a trip on January 26th to the Conn. / Mass. border. It's a stock trail and if there's snow it will be a little more difficult but still very stock Jeep friendly. It's legal and organized and guided. No rocks and wide. It's an old paper road on the maps. Check out Long Island Off Road Club.

Also in February there's two runs, One up to New England for a day in deep snow. and the other is at Rausch Creek which I will be leading. There will be rocks there. I will be running Black trails (difficult) in my TJ. Sorry but until some company comes up with a strong high clearance steering setup my JK is sitting home in the driveway.

Yes the JK has been wheeled and on some insane trails but I'm tired of buying tie rods and stabilizers. Oh and evap canisters. Kilby kit was ordered a while ago. Still waiting.

Oh and to the Dog, Thanks for the invite but I hate sand. LOL

As far as your Pa. trip Try and work it into the LIOR trip. That way all the guys that do go will get a chance to see what LIOR is all about. First trail ride is okay to tag along. After that we require that you join the club.

Most guys that join find out that they never want to wheel on Long Island again. It's too flat here.

And for those of you that don't want to leave the Island to wheel, Please keep it off the forums. What people don't see won't hurt them.

Thanks, Bob Coco
Old 01-18-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default To the Dog

No Shit, really?

I guess you didn't read my whole post?

[Oh and to the Dog, Thanks for the invite but I hate sand. LOL
As far as your Pa. trip Try and work it into the LIOR trip.]

I know your a member. I also know that you are trying to get a group of JK's to go to Rausch Creek. All I said was that maybe you could try to get your friends to go to Raush on the same day as LIOR's scheduled run. That way they could meet a few of the clubs members and see how much fun it is to wheel as a group. This way they get to try out the club without joining it. We also have alot of mechanicly inclined members if anyone does get into a bind. There's also a few of us that trailer our rigs and would be able to get a disabled vehicle home if need be. Trust me, I've dragged out many a broken rigs and towed them home. Once an H-2 that wasn't even 6 months old. I had to take my tow rig and trailer into the trail at Paragon to get that one. Man those things are heavy.

Bob

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY