Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

trash dumps have scales. I went to the one on Spagnoli rd, town of Oyster bay, when I Needed to have a home made trailer weighed for DMV.

Also, there's a scale in the parking lot you can drive right on to at Liberty Moving & Storage, right off the LIE at Rt. 111. The read out is in the window all the way to hte right (east side) of the building. If you go during business hours, you can walk over and say "hey, can you tell me what that says?" if you go after hours, they sometimes put the scale display in the window for their drivers to see.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
trash dumps have scales. I went to the one on Spagnoli rd, town of Oyster bay, when I Needed to have a home made trailer weighed for DMV.

Also, there's a scale in the parking lot you can drive right on to at Liberty Moving & Storage, right off the LIE at Rt. 111. The read out is in the window all the way to hte right (east side) of the building. If you go during business hours, you can walk over and say "hey, can you tell me what that says?" if you go after hours, they sometimes put the scale display in the window for their drivers to see.
ohhh thats like a mile from my office woord.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

sooo LONG ISLAND..its friday...and i have my hard top on (cant afford soft top at the moment) with all 4 doors off....and im at work...def looks like its going to rain...EHHH...its ok tho right?...its a jeep!...i hope it will be ok...I HATE THIS RAIN!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Well it's definitely gonna rain, hope your carpets are out. It will be fine. Pull your plugs if theyre not out already. its fun driving in the rain with no doors
Old 07-31-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

It POURED here in Melville around 8-9am. How'd you make out?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

wellll...30 mins after i got to work....i looked outside and saw crazy black clouds coming my way....my whole attitude was like....ehhh...ITS A JEEP....its ok....its made for it...after having 5 people coming up to me telling me i should run home and put the doors on...i decided maybe i should...my boss was like....just go home....and put them out...dont punch out...its ok juss go...so...i went home...took me all but 10 mins to put them back on with some help from my boss son...who happened to come in for the day and work...and after that....we figured fuck it...if they think it takes an hour to put them on...well kill time then...which we did...drove around for a bit...then came back...started to sprinkle a lil...but we are def expecting crazy rain....im actually really mad about having to put them back on tho...it felt soooooo good this morning to have them off...I HATE THIS RAIN!...this is not a summer....IT SUCKS!....very depressing...but what can u do...tomorrow is supposed to be nice tho...maybe ill take them back off again only having to put them back on cuz we are expecting rain on sunday!...EHHHHHHHHH!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I actually had the same thing happen to me except i didnt put my doors back on. One day it was gonna pour but i had the top off and the doors off and went to work. After it started pouring i threw the top up but the doors were still off. Everyone at the office was running to me calling my desk saying your jeep is getting wet inside!! Do you know its pouring out!?! I just told them its a jeep dont worry. I also drove to work that day in a camo rain coat and boonie hat cuz i knew id be driving home in pouring rain i love people's reactions.

Also search chevym14 he hasnt put his doors on yet!! Took em off at the dealership. Just think of how many times its rained/snowed since last august!

Nice job on wasting an hour of work though hahah
Old 07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Junkie

How do the seats fare with the moisture? no mildew?

I now have a nice set of Smittybuilt seat covers to help in that regard.

Also, no dash/stereo related issues due to moisture?

I did drive once in a light rain with the top down and while moving it was fine. Only felt rain at all when stopped. I got looks!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I have VINYL SEATS so no problems whatsoever

and my radio and everything is fine, ive had it in pouring rain numerous times.

Letting the Jeep sit in pouring rain isnt even the worst part.

The worst part is actually on the highway when the cloud of water behind the jeep comes thru the back and onto the inside of the windshield, makes it impossible to see you have to keep wiping it with a rag or little squeege
Old 08-01-2009, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site!!!! I work in Selden. at EASTSIDERS (across the street from RadioShack and former hollywood video)

Originally Posted by can10
wellll...30 mins after i got to work....i looked outside and saw crazy black clouds coming my way....my whole attitude was like....ehhh...ITS A JEEP....its ok....its made for it...after having 5 people coming up to me telling me i should run home and put the doors on...i decided maybe i should...my boss was like....just go home....and put them out...dont punch out...its ok juss go...so...i went home...took me all but 10 mins to put them back on with some help from my boss son...who happened to come in for the day and work...and after that....we figured fuck it...if they think it takes an hour to put them on...well kill time then...which we did...drove around for a bit...then came back...started to sprinkle a lil...but we are def expecting crazy rain....im actually really mad about having to put them back on tho...it felt soooooo good this morning to have them off...I HATE THIS RAIN!...this is not a summer....IT SUCKS!....very depressing...but what can u do...tomorrow is supposed to be nice tho...maybe ill take them back off again only having to put them back on cuz we are expecting rain on sunday!...EHHHHHHHHH!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY