Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-22-2009, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be there come out and play vincent
Old 07-22-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VINdecent
So who from LI is going to JK Fest 2009? Biggest east coast JK meet of the year, if it will be anything like last year!
where are the details of this event.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamisadam
where are the details of this event.
right underneath your nose https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/eastcoast-jkfest-october-2-3-4-sign-up-94774/
Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by VINdecent
So who from LI is going to JK Fest 2009? Biggest east coast JK meet of the year, if it will be anything like last year!
where is it ?? I feel like I miss everything hahaha
Old 07-22-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

its a rausch creek october 2,3,4, its gonna be awesome i wouldnt miss this for anything
Old 07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BBirish
its a rausch creek october 2,3,4, its gonna be awesome i wouldnt miss this for anything
I need to cut my rubi rails for sure and I will go... anyone wana volunteer to lend a hand ?!?! hahaha

either that or I am doing a 2 in BL (not really wanting to but I NEED the clearance ASAP)
Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joey2times
I need to cut my rubi rails for sure and I will go... anyone wana volunteer to lend a hand ?!?! hahaha

either that or I am doing a 2 in BL (not really wanting to but I NEED the clearance ASAP)
We have similar set ups. Mine look like they will hit, but when I Hilo flex it to it's max they don't. The rear tire when it stuffs actually moves a bit rearward in the well. I prob will trim before my next wheeling trip. But I don't think it's completely necessary
Old 07-23-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
We have similar set ups. Mine look like they will hit, but when I Hilo flex it to it's max they don't. The rear tire when it stuffs actually moves a bit rearward in the well. I prob will trim before my next wheeling trip. But I don't think it's completely necessary
Mine hit for sure. I have heard them hit wheeling and have had people get out and look at that was the only point of contact... they also hit if I have 4 people in the back seat on little bumps... yes I know 4 people in the back and 2 people up front is 1 more person then I should be having along with bags in the trunk but still... it was rubbing pretty bad on little dips...

I need to do something about this ASAP.
I am thinking a 2 inch body lift will stop any and all rubbing but I also thing it might look kinda stupid... :( 1'' may be enough but I dont think its going to be to be honest... I rub pretty hard when I stuff...

Cutting works best I hear but I also do not have the tools or the know how to cut my leased (I know I will buy it out but still) truck...

any and all ideas are welcome.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

i would stay away from a 2" body lift. Cut the rails and if you still want more clearance do a 1 " body lift and you will be happy
Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
Mine hit for sure. I have heard them hit wheeling and have had people get out and look at that was the only point of contact... they also hit if I have 4 people in the back seat on little bumps... yes I know 4 people in the back and 2 people up front is 1 more person then I should be having along with bags in the trunk but still... it was rubbing pretty bad on little dips...

I need to do something about this ASAP.
I am thinking a 2 inch body lift will stop any and all rubbing but I also thing it might look kinda stupid... :( 1'' may be enough but I dont think its going to be to be honest... I rub pretty hard when I stuff...

Cutting works best I hear but I also do not have the tools or the know how to cut my leased (I know I will buy it out but still) truck...

any and all ideas are welcome.
Joe I would cut the rails. I don't know about a body lift.
Either way your welcome to use my tools.

Have you made it down to democrat point yet?

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY