Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowrwr
Hey everyone, East Hampton long island here. Just got my JK unlimited x, Stone white, half doors. Doing a lift next week and i need to regear and get my c gussets and track bar braces welded.

Anyone recommend any good places to regear?
Anyone recommend any good places for welding?

Thanks,

Rich

(Will post pictures soon!!)
Westbury Goodyear Tire and Auto. Talk to Evan. Tell him Dimitri sent you from Long Island Off Road.

He's been wheeling and working on Jeeps for YEARS. He welded my gussets, skids, and sleeves in. He does everything, ASE certified for years. Gears, lockers, welding, etc....
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Westbury Goodyear Tire and Auto. Talk to Evan. Tell him Dimitri sent you from Long Island Off Road.

He's been wheeling and working on Jeeps for YEARS. He welded my gussets, skids, and sleeves in. He does everything, ASE certified for years. Gears, lockers, welding, etc....

Well THAT'S some good info to know! THANKS
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
live and learn I guess... live and learn... I am out for the trip though... sorry Adam I gotta take it easy for a while and I gotta work weekends to make the $$ I need to pay this and the wheels off now... the wheels were a big kick in the wallet and this extra 1000$ on top makes it sting alot harder...
I think that was a lesson for me as well that came a little cheaper. After wheelin around all day I was starting to think my jeep was invincible.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK

I'm mainly a lurker here, but would also recommend Evan. I was given his name by someone from LIOR a few years ago to swap the gears in a set of Dana 44's from a Scout II I used to own. Very good and quick work, as well as a good price. He even ordered the install kits for me.

On a side note, does anyone have the 'tool' to remove the drain plug for the manual transmission that I could borrow?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to see lots of new faces here, seeing more and more JKs around.

Anyway just got back from a 2700 mile road trip with the JK down I95 to South Florida. Did ok, was hard to keep up, averaged around 74 mph on cruise control with AC on and was able to stay in OD until I hit ANY incline even the slightest. Got tons of waves down in Florida and even gave a tour of the JK to a young husband a wife with a YJ looking to upgrade. Only got to take the doors off once since all it did was rain, didnt even bother taking the top off cause when the sun was out it was brutal!

Next time around I would definately take a vehicle with a bigger engine. The ride quality didnt bother me at all since most of 95 is pretty smooth...

Anyway time to get back to local wheeling.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome back from the flat lands. Ready to hit the mountains with us next weekend? Are you in? check your email.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by VINdecent
Good to see lots of new faces here, seeing more and more JKs around.

Anyway just got back from a 2700 mile road trip with the JK down I95 to South Florida. Did ok, was hard to keep up, averaged around 74 mph on cruise control with AC on and was able to stay in OD until I hit ANY incline even the slightest. Got tons of waves down in Florida and even gave a tour of the JK to a young husband a wife with a YJ looking to upgrade. Only got to take the doors off once since all it did was rain, didnt even bother taking the top off cause when the sun was out it was brutal!

Next time around I would definately take a vehicle with a bigger engine. The ride quality didnt bother me at all since most of 95 is pretty smooth...

Anyway time to get back to local wheeling.
Funny I didn't see you down there. I was down in Hollywood, Miami, and South Beach on June 20. The rest of the week I was up at Daytona, Palm Coast, and St. Augustine. 3,300 total miles driven on the JK. Only rained for 2 hours for the entire 10 days I was down there. Had the doors off and top down the entire time, from the minute I took off from my house and all the way back. So, for those 2 hours of storms, I had the floor submerged, dash covered, center console submerged, etc. Fired right up and dried in a few hours with the intense heat that followed.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow wish I knew you were down there too! I didnt see many JKs from the north down there, lots of other vehicles though.

The 28th was the only day I took the doors off, we got back just in time, when it rains it pours down there! 29th went to the beach then another thunderstorm rolled in and I was only in the 83 degree water for 15 minutes!, the 30th it poured on and off all day.

I was in West Palm Beach the 28th - 30th. Stayed overnight in North Carolina he day before and after those days! They said I just missed beautiful weather when I came and I must have brought the rain down from the north.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

No shit. 2 hours of rain in 10 days when it's supposed to be "hurricane season". I was blessed!

I only saw 2 modded JKs the ENTIRE trip to and from NY to Florida. Lots of stock ones, non modded.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

got my OR-Fab stinger today!!!!!

Attachment 26626

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY