Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well fuck me with this weather.... Got caught in the lightinging and then had issues with the back tailgate the tire even with the bumpstops is hitting the rear bumper so it is a bitch to close... This is going to need to be altered somehow because its def putting stress on the tailgate for sure....

FUCK... always something... as of now I have my stocks on and the beast on the tailgate and I dont have much in the way of working in the dark hahaha.... I am going to have to get a spacer or something I guess or just anti up and get the damn rear tire hold of some sort but I am broke as shit from the rims and tires.... fustrating... Jolease is giving me a damn headache once again....

like a dumb bastard when the guy who I placed the order with asked me if I wanted the extensions I said no because I didnt think I would need a 55$ spacer when I got the 20$ bumpstop extensions for the tailgate... little did I know that was WRONG. hahaha fuck its always something...

Well I am going to be doing the rims and tires tomorrow I guess for the four feet and then trying to figure out something for the tailgate... I will prob oder a spacer and then take it off for now... fuck. I wish I just had the $$ for a damn swing out so I could just do it....

I also have to cut the center caps and the bolts that hold them on 3/4'' in order to get the center caps to line up nice and close to the tire... I wish I had a damn bandsaw or something... this is going to be real fun with a old hacksaw hahaha

Well I guess nothing that is worth doing is ever easy right....
Old 06-27-2009, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice set up...i'm so jelious
Old 06-30-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

well.... with the good comes the bad....

I ask everyone to say a little prayer for me

If you haven't heard chances are I dont have your number heh....

Today will shall have some sort of idea :(
I hope this goes smooth...

ughhhh.....
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times

ughhhh.....
I sent you an email.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
I sent you an email.
just finished replying..
Old 06-30-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joey2times

ughhhh.....
What is the point of this post if you don't say why?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
What is the point of this post if you don't say why?
well the few people that know me can pm me or email me or text me if they see this... I don't really wana get into tons of details because I am not sure yet... I should know today what kinda trouble I am looking at... from what I am reading its a possible hydro-lock....

Hope not...

I will give a full story when I know how things are panning out... but a few people I know and talk with check the forums a good deal and have emailed me or called or pm'ed me after this point so that was the point of posting an update... (I lost my phone about 2 weeks ago and so I lost every ones numbers)
Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

sounds like some bad luck.

I hope this experience changed your mind from buying a CAI.. those things decrease your water fording capability. Buy a snorkel. be happy.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
sounds like some bad luck.

I hope this experience changed your mind from buying a CAI.. those things decrease your water fording capability. Buy a snorkel. be happy.
Snork for sure... I guess I should change around my sig now that I got 35's and never in my life would get a CIA hahaha...

ughhh live and learn...

Side note...

Who's got the skills or know how/tools to chop rubi rails on a 4 door ???
once this mess is taken care of thats the next thing I have to address... my wheels are hitting the rails when I start stuffing :( and I need stuff...

Is there anything I can do to push the wheel back ? Control arms or something? or is going with a bigger lift going to help that much ?? what about bodylifts would that bring the rail up some ??

cutting is not my favorite option but its the cheapest and depending on how bad this little hiccup is might be my only option...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Junkie

there are write-ups on this site for doing it.. just pop off the plastic end cap, sawzall about 1/2" off, paint bare metal, put cap back on. you dont even need to remove the rails from the jeep to do it.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY