Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got several turns on the smaller one. The larger one is tight. The vertical one was also tight. It's all tight. If it loosens up again, I'll take them off and add loctight.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum and picked up my 2 door sahara about 2 months ago. Any ideas where to wheel around the island? i have the demo point/ gilgo/ sore thumb pass love it i use it at least 3-4 times a week. But aside from those
Thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

welcome to the JK-forum check out the long island thread. there are a few places we talk about to hit up with some mud
Old 06-23-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
New to the forum and picked up my 2 door sahara about 2 months ago. Any ideas where to wheel around the island? i have the demo point/ gilgo/ sore thumb pass love it i use it at least 3-4 times a week. But aside from those
Thanks
Welcome Drew. Did you get your jk from Island Jeep before they were closed, or did you buy it elsewhere?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bosox5
Hey guys, I am originally from LI (Rocky point) and was wondering where you guys wheel? I am in the military and stationed up in boston but I go home alot, and trying to find places to wheel aside from smiths point. Sorry I took so long to get in here, this thread is huge haha. thanks guys!
first things first thank you for your service And welcome to the Long Island thread

There are really no places besides the beach to wheel on long island. im sure if you are home for a couple of days we could throw together a trip to Rausch Creek with some other long island guys.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BBirish
first things first thank you for your service And welcome to the Long Island thread

There are really no places besides the beach to wheel on long island. im sure if you are home for a couple of days we could throw together a trip to Rausch Creek with some other long island guys.

this is pretty much true except BB means "legally" however just because something is not 100 % ok with the jakes, doesnt mean its a huge no no... Before I go on the record, I understand that we should not be wheeling where we are not welcome, and alowed to wheel. There is a large difference between driving through private prop and through unused or uncared about areas... That being said Dont go wheeling on your hold highschool football field... or some farmers land out east... you will get shot and or arrested or worse... think pulp fiction... ok ok dont think pulp fiction! but you get the idea....

Most of the places that are "available" to wheel are old fire roads, that from what I hear might actually be legal roads just unpaved so its ok to be in there (but the trails after that are hunting trails and 100% ok for driving) and also some really old places that are sneaky to get into...
Best place to find out about them is word of mouth... (people are hesitant to post exact locals sometimes because they get blown up by disrespectful wheelers who then cause damage or get the cops involved...) not saying you would but just saying there are people who might....

ummmm You must live very close to the beach hahaha I have yet to get there and I have the pass... hahaha I def need to get on the sand soon so I can get familiar with those areas... So far I have 2 spots that can be wheeled one is blatently asking for trouble (I dont go anymore because of the exposure) one I just found last weekend and I am going to put up some vid's and pictures asap on this thread to show people that its a pretty cool place... and dude its HUGE!!! we are not talking Roush type of wheeling just some muddy trails and some sandy hill climbs... I def need to check all my fluids after the last trip... and extend my tc tranny and diff breathers because all I wana do is drive through deep mud... hahahahaha

So, this weekend might be a good weekend to get some wheeling done... PM me if anyone wants to hit the beach, or check out my newest discovery... or check out 71's fire roads (I will not do 71 with out backup due to water hazzards...) hopefully Adam will come because I think he believes his JK is a sub! hahaha after seeing those last videos of him...

Also adam, I would love to check my stuff but as I mentioned before the lift party my knowhow is alot more entensive then my set of tools... I have all of like 4 box wrenches... and they are rather limited in size... also It helps to have someone to turn that wheel hahaha no kids and my dog is smart enough but just too lazy hahahaha

jesus I just wrote a fucking novel... ok well PM me if you wana go wheeling this weekend anyone....

PS anyone know a good place to get a high lift in black ?? or where to mount the damn thing ?? on a budget ? these 35's killed my bank account... haha
Old 06-24-2009, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
PS anyone know a good place to get a high lift in black ?? or where to mount the damn thing ?? on a budget ? these 35's killed my bank account... haha
You can get a Hi Lift from a place called RMS Off Road in bohemia, I believe they are on ocean ave. The guy is a little bit of a jerk and may try to talk you out of it as he tried to do to me, but he had one when I went in (48" black) for $65.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

here is a link to some photos and vids from the last LI 4wheel trip

its just me and my friend who drove out there

http://photobucket.com/sieciksuc

password for the guests is just-- sieciksuc

There is some pictures of my Benz in there too (got rid of it for the jeep) and there are some random other photos
Old 06-24-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

yah i pick my jeep up from island jeep but it was used with 28000 mile and i got it for 19,000
Old 06-24-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times
here is a link to some photos and vids from the last LI 4wheel trip

its just me and my friend who drove out there

http://photobucket.com/sieciksuc

password for the guests is just-- sieciksuc

There is some pictures of my Benz in there too (got rid of it for the jeep) and there are some random other photos
I can't get in.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY