Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
well boys finally got my gears done last night. helped the guy finish them. now i have to break them in
Well, I invited you on a trip. Did you RSVP?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Well, I invited you on a trip. Did you RSVP?
ohhh right ummm by the way... you can bump me up to 80 % now...

I will have wheels and tires too ohh boyy... (they are going to get scratched up and I am going to cry yes I know...) but oh well hahahaha

just hope I have some $$ to go after this splurge...
Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

well boys finally got my gears done last night. helped the guy finish them. now i have to break them in
heyyy soundsss goood man !! maybe take some trails at 71 this weekend to break em in hahahaha

Oh, umm also... what cha up to this weekend ???
hahaha I got a case of beer and some steak with your name of in if you wana help me out with something quick hahaha

I want to spin my front passanger shock and also double check everything on the lift... I got a tiny bit of clanking going on and I cant figure out for the life of me where its comming from... (i also dont have the tools to to really double check everything) I might just need to BFG the break like brackets again but I am not sure... :(

oh and I lost my phone... so everyones numbers from the lift day
Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Joey,
YOu don't need anything special to tighten everything down. Just a bunch of wrenches/sockets. I checked mine after about 100 or so miles and everything was tight.

Oh, but I have developed a clunk. I figured it out: the new steering stablizer relocation bracket is allowing the stabilizer to move a bit. I torqued it down and today the noise is back. I'll recheck all the bolts again. It's the actual bracket moving on the axle, not the shock.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Oh, and BTW, yes, that first scratch hurts. I scratched up my rims pretty good the first time out. But what was worse was the trail pinstriping last time. My Sunburst Orange is so purdy :(

At least my JK isn't black. that would be really bad.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered my front bumper and winch today. I'm going with the olympic smuggler bumper with end caps (more storage) and an XRC8. Got it all for an even $1000. Not Bad but 2 weeks on the bumper since its being shipped separately from Olympic.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Joey,
YOu don't need anything special to tighten everything down. Just a bunch of wrenches/sockets. I checked mine after about 100 or so miles and everything was tight.

Oh, but I have developed a clunk. I figured it out: the new steering stablizer relocation bracket is allowing the stabilizer to move a bit. I torqued it down and today the noise is back. I'll recheck all the bolts again. It's the actual bracket moving on the axle, not the shock.
don't forget to check your front track bar the holes might be wallowed out
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

don't forget to check your front track bar the holes might be wallowed out
where do you mean?

On mine, I can see the bracket shifting as my son turned the steering wheel. The large bolt shown here was going back and forth:
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I am originally from LI (Rocky point) and was wondering where you guys wheel? I am in the military and stationed up in boston but I go home alot, and trying to find places to wheel aside from smiths point. Sorry I took so long to get in here, this thread is huge haha. thanks guys!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

where do you mean?

On mine, I can see the bracket shifting as my son turned the steering wheel. The large bolt shown here was going back and forth:
you don't want any of those bolts to be moving around tighten those babies up

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY