Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-10-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's JK is this?

So who's blacked out JK is this? Lives in Melville area. Volunteer Fire fighter I believe...

Let me know. WE'RE NEIGHBORS!

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
So who's blacked out JK is this? Lives in Melville area. Volunteer Fire fighter I believe...

Let me know. WE'RE NEIGHBORS!
i thinkhe came to bellmore once, dont remember his name i think he was a city cop too. seems like he got tires since the last time i saw him if its the guy im thinking of
Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

not goign to make RC this weekend... sorry adam...

I do want to get some 4x4 in though... anyone know where I can go locally on LI ?? fire roads or off the beaten path type muddy pits... anything that is not going to get me in trouble... aka it doesnt have to be 100% legal so long as its pretty damn safe that no one is going to care or bother you....

what about fire roads or something ? is that alowed ? its just unpaved roads in the woods....

I really need to get a map of LI with trails and stuff shown...

I will do beach stuff but I reallly wana get muddy this weekend not sandy...

my apartment flooded and now I want my jeep to flood too hahahaha
Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

There is no where decent to legally wheel on LI. You do beaches. Or you can go to Hither Hills out in Montauk and drive those trails on the north side of Mntk Hwy. It's legal. you really should have a beach permit or hunting pass, but I've been in there with other jeeps that didn't have it. It's ok. If you take the first (western most) enterance, there's always a nice big puddle to speed through and get dirty. Then you can wind around to the lake, or the lookout point over the water, or go down to hte beach. What's cool is crossing the R/R in the middle of the woods!!!

Pics of the Liberty run I did years ago there can be seen here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325889

Are you going to join me in July?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

There is no where decent to legally wheel on LI. You do beaches. Or you can go to Hither Hills out in Montauk and drive those trails on the north side of Mntk Hwy. It's legal. you really should have a beach permit or hunting pass, but I've been in there with other jeeps that didn't have it. It's ok. If you take the first (western most) enterance, there's always a nice big puddle to speed through and get dirty. Then you can wind around to the lake, or the lookout point over the water, or go down to hte beach. What's cool is crossing the R/R in the middle of the woods!!!

Pics of the Liberty run I did years ago there can be seen here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325889

Are you going to join me in July?

I do have a beach pass... I dont know the hither hills area though...
I am def down for July run but I need more info!!
any maps or websites with more on hither hills trails ?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

I gave you the info via email for July weekend. Did you not get it?

Hey, wanna hit the beaches tonight? Anyone? Robert Moses area? Sore Thumb? Democrat Point?

Google Hither Hills and you'll see maps. I think our state beach passes are good on them, or some of that area. I also had resident East Hampton beach pass back then. But I passed a ranger in there with 10 Liberty's and he never asked for any permits. We didn't need no stinking permits.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I gave you the info via email for July weekend. Did you not get it?

Hey, wanna hit the beaches tonight? Anyone? Robert Moses area? Sore Thumb? Democrat Point?

Google Hither Hills and you'll see maps. I think our state beach passes are good on them, or some of that area. I also had resident East Hampton beach pass back then. But I passed a ranger in there with 10 Liberty's and he never asked for any permits. We didn't need no stinking permits.
could you send me that email again... I got one from you but I dont think I got the follow up with more info... then again I could be losing my mind....

I cant make the beach tonight but I def wana go sometime soon man!!

brothers birthday tonight
Old 06-12-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

you've got mail. wait till you see it. Turns out you're right - you ARE losing your mind.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by VINdecent
I woulda hit the beaches up tonight, but looks like your probly gone by now!
I didn't go. Another time.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by VINdecent
I woulda hit the beaches up tonight, but looks like your probly gone by now!

I've been wheeling all week at exit 71, got most of it down now, theres miles of trails in there, and some Snorkle only areas that I had to bypass! Its not very muddy, just deep in some parts and like a construction dirt.

Cracked my windshield too from all the rocks, thats what I get for following too closely!
dude where is this... exit 71 on the LIE ??
PM me more info!!!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY