Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 06-02-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
i also pulled my carpets for the summer and i took out the back seat of my 2 dr, im running doorless all summer
I wish I could run doorless all summer, but this crappy state called NY tends to have too much rain for my liking. And of course my garage is not an option, I leave too much junk in there

I actually just got back from a week in Aruba this weekend. I'll have to post up some pictures of the JK my gf and I rented to do some island exploring.

Last edited by Snickterp; 06-02-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Snickterp
I wish I could run doorless all summer, but this crappy state called NY tends to have too much rain for my liking. And of course my garage is not an option, I leave too much junk in there

I actually just got back from a week in Aruba this weekend. I'll have to post up some pictures of the JK my gf and I rented to do some island exploring.
i dont park mine in a garage either. when it rains i put the top up it keeps most of the rain out. its actually raining right now in my jeep right now - its a jeep thats what its made for i also have camo rain gear i wear if im driving in hard rain
Old 06-02-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
i dont park mine in a garage either. when it rains i put the top up it keeps most of the rain out. its actually raining right now in my jeep right now - its a jeep thats what its made for i also have camo rain gear i wear if im driving in hard rain

It's raining now? where are you? It's not raining in Melville. Oh wait, the ground is wet. When did that happen?
Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

haha yea it decided to poor for like 10 mins at like 9:45 hahah but the suns out now
Old 06-02-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

im a moron too i put my doors back on like an idiot should have left them off... stupid weather men going to the dealer later to pick up my new intermediate shaft so hopefully no more clunk in the steering
Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Snorkels are for sissies!
your buddy Gary def had to have water in his airbox. a few times you could see the water level rising to where the factory "snorkel" is. snorkels are for sissies until you hydro lock your motor. mine is for piece of mind when I need to do crossings like the ones in your video. Also, very nice vids and it looks like you had a great time.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks for the kudos. But no, we were all dry. Well, he took on water but only because SOMEONE AT JEEP PLANT FORGOT DRAIN PLUGS!!! (and dealer missed that item on pre-delivery checklist)

Anyway, the factory inlet is at the top of the engine bay, as you know. So as long as the water is below the hood line, you're fine. I showed that video to a friend of mine at Jeep and he said the same thing. And in my last Jeep, I splashed over my hood a few times, but wasn't submerged that far and it was fine. I have to check the JK, but on the KJ there's even a bit of a splash guard at the inlet which would help keep water out. Remember, we drive in the rain without a problem. It's when you are SUBMERGED above the hood line that you have an issue.

(Besides, hydro locking doesn't have to be the end of the world either as long as you don't try and restart it without first removing spark plugs and flushing out water.)
Old 06-09-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Junkie

Who from LI is going to Rausch this weekend?

I'm hoping to employ the "pay it forward" theory here. Two weeks ago, I played "Brown" by delivering parts from a Jeeper in CT to a fellow LI'er, Vinny. Now I'm hoping someone from LI who may be going to RC this weekend can help out "el_campede" who's a member here from PA. He's going to RC this weekend and he wants my OEM tranny skid for $20. Anyone feel like doing a good deed and delivering it for him? I'm in Melville but I make my way around the island a bit so could meet someone.

Anyone? anyone? Bueler?

TIA,
Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Who from LI is going to Rausch this weekend?

I'm hoping to employ the "pay it forward" theory here. Two weeks ago, I played "Brown" by delivering parts from a Jeeper in CT to a fellow LI'er, Vinny. Now I'm hoping someone from LI who may be going to RC this weekend can help out "el_campede" who's a member here from PA. He's going to RC this weekend and he wants my OEM tranny skid for $20. Anyone feel like doing a good deed and delivering it for him? I'm in Melville but I make my way around the island a bit so could meet someone.

Anyone? anyone? Bueler?

TIA,

Shit adam, I forgot all about this weekends trip... If I end up going I would def hook you up... Campede is the man he saved my ass last time by helping me out when I was overheating after showing us some of the good old mud holes spots

As for know I should have an answer by thursday...
(i lost my cell though so I also need one of those by thursday... hahaha)
doh!
Old 06-09-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Junkie

ok, let me know. Anyone else that's in for sure? It would be helpful so I can get the skid to you.
tnx!

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY