Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-30-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spend a descent amount of time out in Port Jefferson since my cousin is there he runs a blck 4 door jk with lift. If it was between long beach and Port Jeff it was probably me. You can also tell its me because I am one of those idiots that still waves eventhough I never get one in return.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dmerk524
I spend a descent amount of time out in Port Jefferson since my cousin is there he runs a blck 4 door jk with lift. If it was between long beach and Port Jeff it was probably me. You can also tell its me because I am one of those idiots that still waves eventhough I never get one in return.
I always wave too. keep the jeep wave alive
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wasn't around LI this past weekend. Instead, I took my JK to MA for a swim lesson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=konN6OLYY84
Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

man you got pretty deep there at one point. esp for not having a snorkel. time you invest in one
Old 06-01-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

Snorkels are for sissies!
If you think I was deep, check out my friend Garry who went right after me WITHOUT a lift!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6e7gG5Qu4o
(18 seconds into it is his deepest point I think.)

At least my breathers are all extended.

Oh, and we learned that someone at the factory FORGOT THE DRAIN PLUGS on his new Rubi on the front passenger side. OOPS!

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by adamisadam; 06-01-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

ohh man that sucks. did he have carpet in there?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Offroadme
ohh man that sucks. did he have carpet in there?
He DID. Not any more!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

i don't remember did you have carpet in yours when we did the lift in your rig ??
Old 06-01-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Junkie

No. I pulled my carpets for the summer.

Oh, and on Friday, my Jeep was acting funny. Sort of felt like it was misfiring. So I was getting on it trying to figure out what was going on (felt like coil pack was going or something similar) and finally, while accelarating onto the highway, the traction control pic came on. Now, as you may recall, my low tire PSI light had been on all week since the week before when I was on the beach. So it dawned on me that the ESP was going nuts and that's what I was feeling.

So I ran over to Jeep dealership and begged srvc mgr to scan it before I pack up my sons and drive 20o miles! He did, and found NO error codes. They aslo said the portable scanner cannot reset my tire psi light, and that I likely have a bad sensor (since ALL FIVE tires were correctly inflated all week). So I made an appt for tues and left.

I had to turn off the ESP using dash switch to make it drive ok. It was fine all day.

THANK GOODNESS I was in the dealership before I went off roading, cause while off road, i got the following light show: ABS, ESP BAS, the ESP icon, and my low PSI. Plus, my cruise control won't work as soon as the ESP light comes on. But get this, as soon as I aired up, the PSI light went right off. Go figure.

So clearly my ESP system was going nuts before I even set foot off road!!! Hopefully, I won't have any issues with Jeep saying it's not covered for some dumb reason. Like I said, I'm really glad I went in and made the appt BEFORE I left town!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

i also pulled my carpets for the summer and i took out the back seat of my 2 dr, im running doorless all summer

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY