Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 11-20-2007, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome kbee...any trails or spots you know off out there in or around riverhead? let us know, we are dying to get together all of us locally...if u have any ideas
Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

What's up Riverhead. Any places to ride in Riverhed?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLAS!

went out and put on the Thule spare me bike rack today....looks beautiful....but arms don't fold down all the way on the Rubicon spare....hopefully I can get some riding in tomorrow at Stillwell.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Most of the spots out here are illegal.

legal spots - the state pass for the west beach at smithpoint, the fire island side , is 50 bucks and good sep-dec31. you can get it right at the check in station, its a 5 min video and a short form. its a nice lil ride. ( they only take checks or money orders, thats thier trick > no cash no plastic)

Riverhead town offers a pass for some sound beaches.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blaze2kill
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLAS!

went out and put on the Thule spare me bike rack today....looks beautiful....but arms don't fold down all the way on the Rubicon spare....hopefully I can get some riding in tomorrow at Stillwell.
I was at Stillwell Friday morning and Sunday morning. Both great days to ride. Let's try and meet up next time, I ride on weekends.

Hows the rack working? Any pics
Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
P.S.- 12/1 jeepjamboreeusa.com will have registration open for Monticello, NY. 9/26 - 9/28/2008 Im definetly signing up and It would be cool if some others on here do also
I'm signing up, thanks for the info. We can road trip.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hey Dog, It's Bob with the TJ

What's going on? Sorry, I forgot your name.

Are you going to the next meeting? I'm bringing my JK there.

I've got some great pics of my JK at Rausch Creek but the sizing is too big. How do you down size a pic?

I've wheeled it twice sofar on Black trails. Both times leading the way. No spotter. LOL Hence the new tierod, steering stabilizer and charcoal canister. Up in New Hampshire, got caught in a severe downpour topless and doorless with thunder and hail. LOL Had two inches of rain water in the Jeep. Found all the drain plugs

Soon my JK Rubi is getting a prototype high steer setup and a locking hub kit.

After that I will wheel it again. It's amazing how well the JK wheels. I ran some crazy lines in New Hampshire and made it through where bigger rigs couldn't. All with a 3.5" lift and 35"s.

Well , gotta run. I was just thumbing through and saw the Long Island group.

To everyone reading this, Check out "Long Island Off Road" Just do a search for it. We have monthly trail rides form box stock to hard core. We promote legal off roading and practice Tread Lightly. I'm evan a Tread Lightly trainer.
All 4WD registered vehicles welcome, Don't bring Mom's Tahoe or Dad's Durango though. LOL

If nothing else, come to a monthly meeting. You'll meet some nice people and eat some decent chow.

Talk soon, Bob Coco
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
I was at Stillwell Friday morning and Sunday morning. Both great days to ride. Let's try and meet up next time, I ride on weekends.

Hows the rack working? Any pics
Hey Red...not sure if Im gonna be riding alot from this point on....snowboarding season is coming up so my weekends are gonna be shot.

Rack is working fine...no pics yet.

Have you ever been to the Pine Barrens? Anyone up for a run in the next few weekends?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blaze2kill
Hey Red...not sure if Im gonna be riding alot from this point on....snowboarding season is coming up so my weekends are gonna be shot.

Rack is working fine...no pics yet.

Have you ever been to the Pine Barrens? Anyone up for a run in the next few weekends?
Never heard. Is it a Jeep thing or a mountain bike thing? Where is it?

Where do you snowboard? Hunter is my home away from home. I'm going up in a couple of weeks to teach my 8 year old how to ride.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Dog - Im good for this Sunday OR next sunday...but not sure if you want to bring a noob with you...don't want to slow anyone down....

Red - I guess I can call Mountain Creek my home but I don't really go there anymore...I've been going to Stowe, Sugarbush, all those VT places alot.

And this is the Pine Barrens....
http://www.njorvp.org/

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY