Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today was really alot of fun. It was great to meet all of you, and thanks again for everyones help! I hope everyone made it home without issues. I gotta say, it feels real good to be driving around in a lifted Jeep now

Naturally, I found a little mud on the way home
Old 05-17-2009, 04:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, it was GREAT. And Vin, you watch now, the Jeep Wave will come at you in spades now!

Also, let me put this out there, if ANYONE ever needs anything in terms of an extra set of hands, or a garage to work in, just let me know. I'm available to lend a hand.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

it was good times yesterday had a great time it was nice to finally meet all of you. i finally swallowed the bug that tried to make a home in my throat.

if you guys ever want to get together and do some more mods just let me know my garage is always open and there is always gas in the bbq post up those pics when you get some time im sure you got some good ones in there
Old 05-17-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
WE lifted OUR Jeeps today. A bunch of us on LI got together for a good ol' Lift Party. We did good: 5 guys and 1 girlfriend liftled 3 Jeeps. The first two were done simultaneously in about 5 hours - 2.5 for the front and 2.5 for the rear with a BBQ break in between. The 3rd Jeep was done afterwards (that'll teach Joey for sleeing late). We finisehd the front of his in under ONE hour! Joey took a bit longer with the rear, but we got `er done in time for steaks on the barbie! (I won't mention the oopsie )

Check it out!

[IMG][/IMG]

And the rest of the pics can be found here. Clicky clicky.
The pics were posted YESTERDAY! I dont' mess around. See above.

Also, I do want to get those skids that require welding. And as long as the welder is warmed up, I'm gonna have to get those rubicon add-on tubes that get welded to the Rubi rock rails. They look like just what I need. Have you seen them?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been lurking for weeks waiting to see some final pics. Great job guys! I am truly jealous that my JK is a low rider as we speak...
Old 05-17-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I will post up my pics today sometime when I get a chance... I am really glad we all got to rock out and get our trucks done.... and I am glad you finally swallowed that bug too hahahahah

Thanks again for everyone helping me out on my rig... otherwise I would still be there trying to get that damn nut on the spring retainers with the lock side on first... hahahaha

Thanks again guys and now the next time we meet up is going to have to be for some wheeling!!! or mods then wheeling... hahaha
Old 05-17-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Adam, you're absolutely right. I already got 3 waves today!

I hope everyone is enjoying their new lifts
Old 05-17-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Snickterp
Adam, you're absolutely right. I already got 3 waves today!

I hope everyone is enjoying their new lifts
I KNEW you would, with those 35s!!!! how's it feel to drive? is it very sluggish?

As for the lift, my older son said it's not high enough!

My 5 year old is determined to get in/out on his own. He's been crawling up and down all day. It's fine now when the Jeep is clean, but on the trail he's gonna be a mess!

Hey, there's a guy on Ateam who posted TODAY that he wants to get this lift and was looking to host an install party. He said he's a professional chef. I told him he's a day late! But I of course offered up all of our services, seeing as we're experts now (at lifts AND at eating!)
Old 05-17-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds good, I know I'm always down to lend a hand to anyone who needs it, better off helping each other out and saving some dough on labor so we have more $$ for more parts!

Got my Cobra 95 w/ Firestik coming in this week and thinking about ordering a teraflex steering stabilizer and adjustable front track bar. Got a road trip to Florida coming up at the end of June and need to make the ride as smooth as possible!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Great to see more lifted JKs on long island

We had a blast at Rausch ill put some pics up later

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY