Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-13-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Snickterp
They fit! Very little wheel well clearance, but no rubs! Not even when at full turning lock. Can't wait to get that lift in now!

Check em out!

What a difference...I love em already!
wow! They look GREAT! What exact size and rim size is that again? I'd love to borrow them for pics on mine too saturday. At least on one side - just for the camera!

Cloudy and 65* with only 20% chance of rain is looking pretty good! I think I'll go open my lift kit box and stare at the pieces!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

hey, is there still any issues with the 2.5" coil lift and the Rubi electronic disco? I remember hearing a few years back about something binding.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! Anyone can borrow them for the sake of the photo shoot

They're 35x12.50 15" tires and wheels. I seem to have no issue with caliper clearance at all. I'm very stoked.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

thats sweet i had to get 315 75 r16 a weeee bit smaller than a 35 but only by less than half an inch or so. thats the price of getting a wheel that BF goodrich does not make the same tire size for. but it's all good i can't wait to get those tires your making me jealous now. i hope from what the trucking company says they will be in NY tomorrow and the trucking company should be able to drop them off friday keeping my fingers crossed
Old 05-13-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Snickterp
Thanks guys! Anyone can borrow them for the sake of the photo shoot

They're 35x12.50 15" tires and wheels. I seem to have no issue with caliper clearance at all. I'm very stoked.
ok ok ok this is the chance you all have to steer me away from 18's hahahaha

I will def be throwing those on my rig for a few photos so I can stare at them and drool and then make my decisons... I must say... they look like freaking 37's or even damn 40's with that small of a rim and no lift... its really growing on me hahahaha
Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Junkie

if you're going off roading, which you are, don't get 18's. I'm personally going 16's with 35's.

NOW GO TO BED!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroadme
thats sweet i had to get 315 75 r16 a weeee bit smaller than a 35 but only by less than half an inch or so. thats the price of getting a wheel that BF goodrich does not make the same tire size for. but it's all good i can't wait to get those tires your making me jealous now. i hope from what the trucking company says they will be in NY tomorrow and the trucking company should be able to drop them off friday keeping my fingers crossed
Man, I sure do hope they get there in time too. It will be bad ass to have em as well.

Joey, I second the idea for smaller wheels. I personally love 15's cause like you said, it makes the tires look huge. But i'd suggest going with 16's. It's a good compromise, and you probably wont have to worry about any caliper issues. But I suppose we'll be test fitting all that.

And I second the notion...go to bed!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I am super excited... but what is up with the stupid weather!!!

now it looks a little more like rain...

regardless... I am soo ready for this.... 2 more days till lift central!!!!

hahah WTF I want today to be over alreadyyyyyy
Old 05-14-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
I am super excited... but what is up with the stupid weather!!!

now it looks a little more like rain...

regardless... I am soo ready for this.... 2 more days till lift central!!!!

hahah WTF I want today to be over alreadyyyyyy

yea i check the weather 3 times a day morning afternoon and night. and it keeps changing from the morning to night 30% change of rain 20% change of rain. WTF these guys are morons. the other day they said it was just going to be cloudy. now today it went from 20% to 30% there is only one positive way to find out what it's going to do on sat and thats wake up look outside and wait. hahaha that is the most reliable for cast. can't wait.

PS just checked online tires arrived on the island now im just waiting for them to call me to setup a delievery time. witch means if i don't hear from them by 1 im calling and seeing if i can't get in touch with whoever is dropping them off. im tooooo impacient
Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroadme
yea i check the weather 3 times a day morning afternoon and night. and it keeps changing from the morning to night 30% change of rain 20% change of rain. WTF these guys are morons. the other day they said it was just going to be cloudy. now today it went from 20% to 30% there is only one positive way to find out what it's going to do on sat and thats wake up look outside and wait. hahaha that is the most reliable for cast. can't wait.

PS just checked online tires arrived on the island now im just waiting for them to call me to setup a delievery time. witch means if i don't hear from them by 1 im calling and seeing if i can't get in touch with whoever is dropping them off. im tooooo impacient
Hey if anything, if they've arrived on the island you may be able to go and pick them up if they can't schedule a delivery fast enough.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY